You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

A Very Happy Durga Puja to all

The festive season has started, though a bit late this time. In West Bengal, Durga Puja is celebrated with much fanfare but this time due to the pandemic situation the mood is completely different. It has to be and everywhere those who are organizing the Durga Pujas are taking all kind of protective measures.

On this auspicious occasion, my greetings to all in the ISC family. I wish all of you a very Happy Durga Puja. May Maa Durga shower her blessings on us to keep us safe. Let's spread the awareness and abide by all the rules and regulations and that will be the real victory of good over evil. We need to keep in mind the situation and the festive mood should not influence us to take unmindful decisions. Stay happy and healthy, let the spirit remain in mind only. Joy Maa Durga!
    Durga Puja has its own importance in Hinduism. Throughout the year, devotees await the arrival of this festival with great enthusiasm. The festival has started on 17 October. It is believed that Mother Durga ended Mahishasura's terror during this time. The victory of good over evil and spreading love and happiness will take place with the establishment of the urn tomorrow. On such an occasion, on this Navratri, we meditate on the Goddess and wish our wishes to be fulfilled and wish all our family, friends, and loved ones a happy life.

Wish you a Very Happy Navratri to all members, editors, and webmaster of ISC. Durga Mata always keeps her blessings on all of you.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Dasara Navaratri is one festival which will be celebrated many people in our country. 9 days festival and last three days we will have the pooja of Saraswathi. Maha Ashtami. Maharnavami and Vijaya Dashami are the last three days of this festival. In Telangana, it is the biggest festival and Batakamma festival is also celebrated these days. New clothes, different types of sweets and special dishes on all the three days. But this year I am not seeing that much activity anywhere this year. COVID 19 has left a lot of impact on all of us.
    I wish all the members of ISC a happy Durga Pooja. I hope this festival will bring all happiness and health to all of us. Stay safe and enjoy the festival.

drrao
    always confident

The three ultimate days of Dassera festivities has arrived and today the Maha Ashtami is being celebrated totally dedicated to Goddess Durga. Tomorrow the Maha Navami and day after tomorrow the Dasami or Dassera would culminate by praying for Goddess Lakshmi and Saraaswathi. For every Hindu these festivities are more important because the whole nine days of Navartri would be dedicated to each God for health, wealth, prosperity and good living. This time the festivities are on low scale as there are minimal purchases of dress and dress materials as the salaries were not paid or some are working for half salaries.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is a very important festival for us. This time we are not going to temples and other places and not observing it in that way but we can stay in home and pray the Goddess for our welfare and safety. I wish everyone a happy Durga Puja festival.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Dushera is considered as one of the important festivals of Hinduism. It lasts for 10 days. On 10 the day Vijayadashami is celebrated. We have a very busy schedule during this period. But, this time we are not celebrating as usual due to pandemic. We can take blessing staying at home only. We can pray to Goddess Durga for health, wealth and prosperity at home only. Everywhere, it is being seen lack of any kind of activity. I wish happy Durga puja to all.

On the auspicious occasion of this Durga Puja, let me take the opportunity to wish every member of the ISC family to remain healthy, happy and blessed. Happy Durga puja to you all!
    shampasaid

I wish all the members of ISC and their families a very happy and blessed Navaratri and Durga Puja!
    'Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it.' -Anonymous

This is a great festival in the Indian subcontinent and though we are not celebrating it with the usual fun and frolic but we can have Puja in our own houses and I wish all the members a very happy and prosperous Durga Puja.
    Knowledge is power.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Wishing everyone a Happy Dussehra today! May Maa Durga's blessings be showered upon you and yours for good health and happiness.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Today we have celebrated Saraswathi puja by offering prayers to Goddess by keeping the books of the children and sought the wholesome blessings for knowledge and wisdom. On this day we also do the puja for the things we use in daily life such as the vehicle, washing machine, television, computer etc. That means the things are also treated as God and they should give us the good service for the next year without any hindrance or the problems. On this day myself and my family members extend the warm greeting of Goddess Saraswathi and seek wholesome blessings to each and every member to give abundant knowledge and wisdom.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

On this Day, I wish everyone and their family a happy and prosperous Dussehra. As the evil was conquered by the good, in the same way, let every evil be destroyed and let good flow in your life and family.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.