You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If ISC data base totally erased then are you ready to start as new member

I came across one Tamil serial scene happening where in the entire copy of the company data was erased and could not be recovered but the company had the hard copy to cope up. Then my thoughts immediately ran on ISC. Here neither the ISC or the members have the hard copy of their every contributions and we are totally relied and believe the ISC data base and if that crashes and could not be recovered, then what would be your stand. Do you support the site with new start from the beginning with extra security features and in that case the start would be from zero.
    In our previous company, we used to keep the data in external disks also. If there is any problem in the system we used to refer to the hard disk. In addition to that, we used to keep hard copies in files also. That is the fall back arrangement we were having.
    As far as ISC is concerned, whatever articles I have published on this site, I have soft copies on my system and I can refer them in case of any problem to ISC site. But my posting in threads and AE section, I have no habit of keeping the soft copies or hard copies. So I may not retrieve them if there is any problem to ISC.
    If all the data gets erased from ISC also we can continue working if the webmasters revive and start the web as a fresh one. There will not be an issue. Of course, you have to start as a new member and start from bronze level. Anyhow that will be for all not for alone you and me. I think the designers and webmasters might have anticipated all such problems and they might have made some alternative arrangements, I hope.

drrao
    always confident

This is one of Mohan's bad dream with a negative thought. This can never happen to ISC. ISC Webmasters are not newbies to internet working. They are well experienced and know what to do, how to do, when to do, why to do, how to safeguard, etc'
    Even if things crash and information cannot be retrieved, members lose nothing in this virtual site. We all have been paid for our hardwork. And only a few hundred rupees (less than 600/-) left at ISC.

No life without Sun

It is not the question of money lost but the data and how to recover is the question?
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    Why are you interested in the data? It is the ISC's asset and ISC Webmasters should worry about it. You contributed your best for ISC to left it or sold it to ISC You have no right over your contributions.

No life without Sun

Most of the web property owners keep a backup of some vital data for the exigencies and I feel ISC would also be following the same thing. So we would not be losing much as regards to the valuable data regarding educational matters, articles, question-answers etc. Other general things may not matter much as forum discussion can be generated quickly with new posts on the same topics. Old jobs do not attract traffic so new current jobs can be added. Not a big issue. Individual profiles would be an issue if they are not in then backup plan. So, from that perspective, things seem to me under control in case such an eventuality happens.
    Knowledge is power.

Thanks Umesh for sharing some soothing and giving us the confidence in case the site crashes and data gone.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As per my understanding, Tony sir and other webmaster admins who are managing this site will have a well defined plan about backup and restore. It is a part of designing an online platform like ISC. It would be bad model of how not to design an online portal if there was not a plan for backup. In my view, ISC backup plan might be limited to important things such as profile information with of course the amount earned, and the content. There many not be a backup of log file such who logged in at what time and those sections which are not actively generating revenue.
    Regards
    Rizwan

• Sign In to post your comments