You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Self governing day and teachers club of my college

When I was doing my Intermediate through the Govt Junior College, SD Road Secunderabad, we used to have self governing day on college foundation day. In the year 1979 when I passed out first year and gone to the second year, naturally being the seniors, we have been given the task to organize the event and I was given the task of having the teacher club. That means the whole teaching lecturers have been "Recruited" and made to perform in front of the real lecturers and principal.

I have taken up the role of civics teacher and tried to ape like the ways of our teacher and she was watching my performance, moves and even applauded the way the classes were conducted and what is the highlight that she would not tolerate the late comers and when some boys tried to attend the class late citing some reasons, I made them to stand outside the class the whole period to which even the principal applauded the effort and given me the autographed book of India social science book as gift.

We cannot forget such event because every one performed with the hilt by following the foot steps of their lecturer and brought wholesome laughter.

This is my entry to
    Innovative College Campus Clubs
    Good narration by the author. In our school also on teacher's day. different students were asked to take classes and when we take the class the Head Master, the class teacher and the other teachers used to sit and observe how we are managing the class. One advantage was that all the higher-ups were sitting there, students used to keep silent and never teased the student who is taking the class as a teacher.
    During my 9th class, I was asked to teach a Telugu lesson to the students of 8th class. As the allocation was done two days before the event, I spared some time and get prepared for taking the class. So I could manage the class without any problems. Initially, for a minute or two I was having a little nervousness but later I became normal. The Telugu teacher sitting there appreciated me. But no gifts or prizes were given on that occasion.
    These activities will give us self confidence will be very useful for us in our lives in facing various new and testing situations.

drrao
    always confident

This is really a very interesting narration that students have to mimic the ways of their teachers. I have never got such an opportunity in my life but it would be a very amusing thing to do so.
    Knowledge is power.

This is often seen on the 5th of September i.e. teachers day when students act as teachers and take classes of the lower class and keep teacher free for the entire day. When I was in the higher secondary(12th), I too got the chance to take a class of the 11th class and I was given the OC(Organisation of Commerce) subject. Though it was tough to teach and even stand in front of the class, I somehow managed the period by teaching the topic that had to be covered by the sir. The Sir was actually present during the class which made it even more stressful but after a slow start, I took the pace and later was able to complete the full topic with ease and in between, I enacted how the sir did when he teaches which made it more interesting but at the end. The period got over and I breathed a sigh of relief. After the class, Sir called me and actually tapped my shoulder and told me that he liked the way I took the class and saw a teacher hidden in me which was a great motivation for me. A good note for the competition.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.