You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What Mobile phone do you recommend for me to buy?

My dear Fellow ISCian,
    After a long time and after a good thought, I have planned to buy a new Android Mobile phone for me. The phone should have all the facilities, but it should be cheap and best.

As my fellow ISCians are well educated, intelligent with hi-tech knowledge, I would like to know from them as to which is the cheap and best Mobile phone available in the market.

Kindly recommend me Mobile phone with its Brand name with Storage capacity - Ram capacity - Camera facility - Long lasting Battery, price, Generation and other valuable information.

My budget is between Rs. 8000/- and 10000/- It should last for next 5 years.
    Samsung is now the popular non-Chinese brand in India. Though NOKIA and a few other brands are also there, the choices are limited. Moreover Samsung has more service centres.

I suggest you search the net for " Samsung phones between 8000 -10000. You may get a lot of choices. Search this in different sites.

Then you may give the choice filters on essential parameters like RAM, ROM, screen size, Camera etc. Try for the latest Android version or the just previous version. You may read the specifications. Then you shortlist a few models with optimum of price and specifications.

You can also shortlist a few models and then compare them on certain sites like Smartprix .com. bgr.in.gsmarena.com etc.

You may always get mixed opinions asper the need and expectations of the user. Hence you have to go by the major and general average and find the optimum suited to you.

Search them for users(buyer's) opinion in sites like GSMarena, phone arena etc and shopping sites like Amazon, Flipkart etc. From these you will be able to form an idea and able to choose the most optimum one.

I would like to suggest you to purchase POCO M2. I have purchased this phone couple of days ago. My son Aliasgar recommended it for me. It's really a very good mobile phone in budget. It cost me Rs 8999 in offer. Exchange is also available.
    Honesty is the best policy.

SuN, I would add a couple of more points in this regard.
    Samsung has discontinued its earlier popular J series. Now they have the A series and M series in the popular segment and 'S' Series in the premium segment.
    M series is particularly targeted for Indian users. It targets those who want a a battery to last for a few days after full charging and who need bright display. The A series on the other hand is targeted for those who wasn't the specifications almost like a premium model, but wan the price to be more affordable.
    So you may shortlist some not so old versions of A series and compare them with the latest M series. Then you may reach a fine choice. The A10 s (3GB,32 GB)may be available in your budget range with some good specifications for a general user like us. There is also M11.If you can spend a couple of thousand more A21 is there.

Purchasing mobile should not be others choice or others suggestion because the features you are expecting at the budgeted price may not be fetching and therefore consult the stores and take their opinion. Purchasing mobiles through online is also a waste expenditure as the ratings are good and when it comes to looking for the features expected by us, then we are fooled. What I suggest that go for the sparingly used second hand mobile which comes in less price because many have the habit of going for new mobiles after using it for one year of so. I have purchased MI phone with good features more than my expectations. The original cost is 9000 and I got second hand deal for just 4000 and that is good. Likewise instead of going for high end varieties with great prices go for second hand with great features.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I thank Venkiteswaran and Hakimuddin for their good recommendations.
    Mr, Mohan,
    It won't be nice to go for a second hand mobile. We may buy any second hand or third hand mechanical item like car, bike, cycle etc, but never an electronic gadget/electrical item. Holding a secondhand phone in hand won't satisfy our mind. I am not for it.

No life without Sun

There are many good brands available in this range and they have mostly 2GB/3GB of RAM and 32 to 64 GB of internal storage. They have been recommended by many agencies which compare mobile phones and present it to the prospective customer. Some of these are Samsung Galaxy M11, Samsung Galaxy A10, Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime, realme C12, realme Narzo 10A, realme C15, Xiaomi Redmi 9i, Motorola Moto E7 Plus, Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite etc. One can go for more details about them like colour, get up and size before making a final decision for the model to be procured.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments