You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Active GD- The freedom allowed to the media must be retained- If Yes, why and if No, why?- Winners!

The recently concluded Active GD on the topic The freedom allowed to the media must be retained- If Yes, why and if No, why? was well debated by our participants. Thank you all for your logical arguments and the efforts put in by each participant to substantiate your points by maintaining the decorum of the forum.

It was amusing to note that though we had members arguing for and against the topic, no one really agreed to the point that there should be total restrictions placed on the media. Nevertheless, lot many positives and negatives and ifs and buts on the topic was discussed in detail and we thank all the participants for making it a meaningful discussion.

The Chief Justice of India, on the 26th of this month, while hearing the appeal by the Maharashtra government against the stay granted on the FIRs filed against Arnab Goswami, the infamous CEO of Republic TV, has remarked that 'there should be some responsibility in reporting'. Referring to the way the particular issues ( the reporting of the Pahalghar lynching incident and migrants gathering in large numbers in Bandra area, Mumbai) were reported and discussed, the CJI said, 'I can't stand it. This is not the kind of public discourse we should have'. I think the remarks by the Hon'ble Chief Justice of India, in a way, sums up the limit and extent to which media can go.

While registering our appreciation to all the participants, we have decided to select the following as the Best Participants-

1. SuN

2. Ramakrishna Kambhampati

3. Shampa Sadhya and

4.Gauranga Kumar Basistha

It has also been decided to award Dr Deepali Gangwar a consolation prize worth Rs 75/- for her efforts to steer the discussion in a meaningful way.

The winners will receive a cash reward of Rs 150/- each. Cash rewards and additional points as deemed fit would be added to the best responses from the other participants too based on their overall performance.

Friends, please join me to congratulate the winners and also put in a word of appreciation to all the participants. We hope we would get to see new names in the list in the upcoming discussions.
    Congratulation to all the winners of this competition Sun, Shampa, Gauranga, Deepali. I am also very happy to be in the winners list in the competition. I appreciate the management for conducting a timely debate on a very important issue. Hope the management conduct more GD's more frequently.

Congratulations to all the winners of Active GD on 'The freedom allowed to the media must be retained- If Yes, why and if no, why?'. The results were declared just in 3 days. The Editor concerned deserves appreciations.
    I wish and hope that all the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards in the coming days. I wish them all the best. Thanks to ISC for conducting a good GD and giving chance to the members to express their opinions and views.

drrao
    always confident

Hearty congratulations to each of the participants and the winners. Good topic for discussion and so is the participation.
    Live before you leave.

My very sincere and heartiest congratulations to all the winners Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya and Gauranga Kumar Basistha, and the consolation prize winner Deepali Gangwar. I too feel proud of winning the Active GD. It was a short but lovely discussion by all the member participants. Truely, the media cannot be left scot-free completely. There has to be some control on anything and everything in this world.

I thank ISC for announcing the results quickly after the conclusion of the GD.

No life without Sun

Thanks for announcing the result of GD so early and congrats to all the winners of the contest and they have done their arguments to the hilt. May they continue their traits in future.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I feel proud to be on the list of best participants for this GD. Congratulations to all the other winners as well!

This GD was on a very contemporary issue and evoked much interest in the members. There was good participation and some members have participated very actively and put up their points in a constructive manner producing outstanding arguments. Now the awards are announced and I take this opportunity to congratulate the winners namely SuN, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya, Gauranga Kumar Basistha, and Dr Deepali Gangwar for their respective awards and also for the nice contributions in this GD. Well done members and keep up the spirit of creative writing in ISC.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to all the winners of this particular GD post. Though, I could not participate in this one but I have gone through the discussions, argument and counter arguments which were very interestingly put up by the participating members. Well done and keep it up.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to all the winners of the GD and to Dr Deepali for her consolation prize. Regulars in GDs, like Venkiteswaran and Joyshree, were missing and it would be good to also see active forum participants like Sankalan, KVRR and others participating in future GDs as well.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Congratulations to all the winners Sun, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya and Gauranga Kumar Basistha, for winning the Active GD on 'The freedom allowed to the media must be retained- If Yes, why and if no, why?'. I am also thankful to ISC for my consolation prize. I thanks to all the members for their congratulatory messages. I also hope that ISC will conduct more GD in the coming days and more participants will take part in the discussion.

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of the Active GD- The freedom allowed to the media must be retained- If Yes, why and if no, why? Unfortunately, I could not participate in this contest. I gave only one response and after that, I was busy in my school's work.

Thank you very much ISC and Saji sir for announcing the result within a couple of days.

Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to all the winners of the GD, and to other participants Better Luck next time.
    - Manjunath Bhat

Congratulations to all the winners of Active GD on 'The freedom allowed to the media must be retained.'
    You all deserve to win these rewards, wish you all the best for many more rewards in the future.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

My heartiest congratulations to all the winners of Active GD on 'The freedom allowed to the media must be retained'.
    I hope that all of you would win many prizes in the coming days.

Congratulations to Sun, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya, and Gauranga Kumar Basistha for winning the GD. I also congratulate Dr. Deepali for securing the consolation prize in the same.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My congratulations to SuN, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya, Gauranga Kumar Basistha and Dr Deepali Gangwar for making this GD lively. Media has a great role in a democratic setup and with any role comes responsibility which also is of prime importance. All these issues were discussed by the members in-depth. Well done!
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulations to all the winners, including the consolation prize winner. It was an interesting GD, and I enjoyed participating in it. I am thankful for my prize and lots of thanks to the members for their wishes.
    shampasaid

ISC is requested to credit the winners CC into members' account before the end of 31st Oct 20 to enable payment to members who become eligible after receipt of the prize money. I am short of Rs. 80/- to make good Rs. 600/- . If I receive Rs. 150/- this month, I will be eligible for Rs. 700/- payment on 01 Nov 2020. If not done, I will have to wait for 01 Dec 20 payment.

Upadate:
    I have raised a separate thread on the same subject with the thinking that this response may not be noticed for action by ISC editors before 2359 hrs on 31st October 2020.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to the Best Participants - SuN, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya, Gauranga Kumar Basistha and consolation prize winner Dr Deepali Gangwar of the Active GD- The freedom allowed to the media must be retained contest. Keep up the good work.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Congratulations to Sun, Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Shampa Sadhya and Gauranga Kumar Basistha for being declared as the winners of the Active GD contest. I also congratulate Deepali mam for getting the consolation prize.
    Regards
    Rizwan

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited. Enhanced points and cc to the other eligible participants have also been added to their responses.

Sun's request at #713627 has been responded to in this thread.

'Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it.' -Anonymous

Congratulation to Best Participantsof the GD : SuN , Ramakrishna Kambhampati , Shampa Sadhya and Gauranga Kumar Basistha.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.