You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Why is the IPL this year being organized outside India ?

Why is the IPL this year being organized outside India ? Earlier I thought that it might be done for the safety of players as there is more population in India. Is this the reason behind this ?
    May be to see that COVID 19 will not spread more. Different players from different countries have to come to India if the matches are played in India. They have to travel to almost all parts of the country. Even though nobody will be allowed to watch the games in Stadiums, definitely some people will get exposed to these players and that may have a negative effect on some people. Then the virus with different symptoms may enter India through them and that may create havoc within the country. I think this is one aspect and the other aspect is the safety of the players. But the safety of the players will be at risk even they play in India or in some other country, I feel.
    The risk of the virus is the same for the players as they have to meet different players from different countries and they have to move together with all of the players.

drrao
    always confident

IPL has been organized out of India for various reasons, one being the Covid spread to which govt was not giving the permission to the board , second being the acceptance of venue by the contesting teams and above all the safety and security of the players which mattered the most. Moreover for so many matches there must be enough number of stadiums and liking of the local public. So having got the consensus on the issue, the board has decided to get out of India for organizing the event and it was successful so far and in future to the board has the option to either have inside the country or outside.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The main reason is of course Covid situation only. If it was to be held here then our business houses might had benefited much due to the increased associated sales. Anyway we have to compromise with the situation.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments