You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

Will there be a new POTUS?

On November 3rd, the citizens of the United States of America will go to the polls for a the crucial Presidential election. With pre-election voting allowed, many headed to voting centres in advance, to avoid crowding and it seems there has been a record turnout already.

The crucial question is whether incumbent President Donald Trump will continue to be POTUS or whether Joseph Biden will be the new POTUS. What are the chances that the people of USA are going to vote in favour of a new President?
    ISC is against predictions. ISC never encouraged predictions and always deleted the threads relating to predictions. I do not know how ME has come up with the prediction of future POTUS? Nothing can be predicted now. We do not know the mindset of the people of the United States. It could be Trump or Biden. Russia wants Trump. China wants Biden. God only knows who would be POTUS after the elections.

What difference does it make to Indians if it is Trump or Biden? Both are Americans who are not connected to Indians. It is like Ram or Ravan. All the same.

No life without Sun

The elections to the President of the United States of America will be conducted tomorrow. In my personal view, there will be a new President for the USA. The Indian origin Americans have indicated that they will be voting for Mr. Biden. They are certainly a force to reckon with in American politics.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

We can't predict who is going to win the next election, however, on going trends are showing that Trump is in dangerous zone and he may lose this election. If Biden wins Ind-o-US ties will not be affected because lately he gave statement in which he expressed his positive thoughts about India and most probably he will be proven as a friend of India.

There may be a chance that people tend to look for a change than a chance. Biden could be given an opportunity to serve the country.
    Lead the leader

This is highly fought elections as the strength and abilities of both candidates seems to be equally poised and though the media predictions go in favor of Biden as the next probable candidate, the Indian Americans hold the key to select their best leader for the post of Presidency. Therefore we cannot predict rightly who would win and who would lose. But when I was writing this post and came across the news that fight is evenly poised in many states and the neck to neck fight in some states would change the results. Nevertheless this election in US has become the talk of the town for India as we are more interested to have Trump again for obvious reasons. One thing is sure the other nations across the world must learn from American way of two party system and how the people chose the leaders as per merits and not through largess.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

President of the US is a person to whom everyone in the countries of the world looks as an important entity whether US may or may not be related to that country in any way. That is the reputation that the US president commands. The election for this highly coveted post is seen with interest by many countries with much interest as their business and political interests are well woven with that selection. So India being in close relationship with US is also a country where people are interested to know the outcome of the ongoing election. It is difficult to guess but seeing the large following of Mr Trump and his ways of tackling the issues it seems that a large number of votes are going to be in his favour except a few states where there are anti establishment sentiments and there is a hold of the competitor. So it would be a neck to neck fighting and it would be interesting to see as who wins. Both are prospective candidates.
    Knowledge is power.

Sun - likely earlier threads about predictions were deleted because they were posted many months prior to the actual election and it did not make sense to have early discussions on it. As for what does it matter, the relevance of who wins may not matter directly to Indo-US relations since generally these have been fairly good as far as defence collaborations are concerned. However, in the case of say, migration and work visas for Indians, Biden may be more lenient.

I agree with KVRR when he says that Indian-origin Americans are a force to reckon with, but whether their collective votes alone can unseat Trump is still not very clear.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Though I have not much knowledge about the relative strength of these two persons fighting for the presidentship of US but I have a feeling that more chances of wining are for Mr Trump. May be a wild guess. Let us see.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I am in touch with some of my relatives and friends who settled in the USA. We have a WhatsApp group in which they are also members. Some discussion was there on the site. Just I was going through those discussions. There is a split in the opinions of the people there whom I know. Some say if the new President comes the relations with India may not be good and some say no.
    Many felt that the chances of Donald are high. They say 60% chances to Donald. We have to wait and see whether their prediction is correct or not. Personally, I feel Donald may emerge winners.

drrao
    always confident

Frankly speaking. The present US President Donald Trump is a funny guy but smart president. He effectively takes charge of his nation and the other nations. He is good for India. I wish Trump should see his triumph and continue his second term. There are possibilities. I hope he will make it.

Generally, Americans give two terms to the presidents. They will not give a third term.

No life without Sun

There are news reports that the results of the voting done before hand is not made known and Trump may declare himself elected for the other term as President.
    K Mohan @ Moga

According to the current trend, Trump may win again by surprise. Though Biden leads in number, he is leading with the old Democratic strongholds, which are already declared. Except in the state of Arizona, which has 11 electoral votes and Nevada, which has 6 electoral votes, all the states are reflecting the same 2016 results.

According to the newspaper survey reports and my study, Mr Trump would win the election.
    No life without Sun

Biden is leading with 238 and Trump has garnered 213. Biden is leading in Nevada, while Trump is ahead in Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisonsin (this last by a very close margin). 270 is required to win the Presidential elections. Will Trump triumph again?
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

According to the latest reports Biden is giving surprise through wins and Trump is trailing and the magic figure of 270 is at the striking rate of Biden and Trump is far away.
    K Mohan @ Moga

Yes, I think the picture is pretty clear now that Biden will likely be the new POTUS. There will also be counting of those votes that were cast through the online mode, but I don't think those would affect the overall result that is emerging too much.

Yes, Biden is inching towards the victory. There is going to be change in the US leadership now. My guess has turned as totally wrong. May be I was much impressed by the friendship of India with US during Trump time.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The most powerful election and the much hyped US polls has ended and the voting trends of winning states proved that Biden is far ahead in many states and so far till writing this post he scored 264 and fell short of 6 seats whereas Trump could garner only 214 seats. Still the outcome of 60 seats awaited and in many the Blues are leading paving the way for Biden to become the 46th President of America. And now India has to pave way for new equations with Biden team and how far Modi would succeed is to be seen and believed.
    K Mohan @ Moga

It appears that the Triumph will not be the President of the USA again. Biden may be the next President. My expectations went wrong. Anyhow it is appearing certain that there will be a change in the leadership. Triumph politically supported India and he never shows any enmity towards our country. He preferred India over China and Pakistan in almost all the dealing s he did. He respected Modi and never uttered any bad remark about our country. Now how the equation will change is a big question. Many people feel that Biden may not support Indian anytime. Now our PM has to put in a lot of efforts to see that we will not lose the support of the USA.
    drrao
    always confident

At the present time i.e. 3:45 PM, Biden of the Democratic Party is leading with 264 seats and just 6 seats to win the election where as Trump of the Republican Party has just secured 214 seats and is 56 seats short from the max. 270 seats. From the upcoming updates, it is very clear that Joe will will this election but one need to wait for the final updates to announce the new POTUS.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Basing on the results released at 03.45 pm, Mr Biden having secured 264 seats is inching towards victory where as Mr Trump is trailing by 50 seats. However, let us wait the final result and the moment is not too far. Mr Trump is not satisfied with the release of such an unexpected result and he may file a case relating to unfair means adopted during the counting process before the Supreme Court. Let us wait for the next development.

Still 60 seats results are yet to be clearly announced and in some of them Trump is having the say. Unless and until all the results are not announced we cannot give credit to the real winner.
    K Mohan @ Moga

The chances of Biden winning are increasing every moment and only thing is some results would be pouring in late in the night and then only the final announcement will come in this regard. The whole world is looking up to this most coveted fight and it shows as how the two parties in US are equally powerful and have support of its followers. Let us hope the new regime would be equally friendly with us as the present one.
    Knowledge is power.

My guess gone wrong and went for a six. Trump will not triumph, but Biden will triumph. Let us see a new United States under the leadership of Biden and watch how he goes along with India.
    No life without Sun

As of now officially 264 seats are in the kitty of Biden and another 33 seats from three states are for sure making a formidable winning of 297 seats which no one has won in the past. Thus the white house would be changed to blue color with the installation of Biden as the 46th President of United states of America and out going President Trump should be gracious enough to accept the defeat and hand over the baton to the successive incumbent. The voters are great and their verdict need to be respected. Court cases and doubts as no place as the winning seems to be sweeping across the country and thus good wishes for the new President.
    K Mohan @ Moga

• Sign In to post your comments