You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Re writing of Constitution as per present status of the country

We all know our constitution was written and implemented from the year 1950 and with 104 amendments many a time there was a need felt to change the constitution as per the present status of the country. During those days the population was not even 40 crores and the sects are also less. Now India boasts of 130 crore population with whole lots of caste, creed and religious sects and therefore there a need to re write the constitution as per the aspirations of the present generation. Do you support such move and if yes what would be the basis of new content.
    Are you serious?
    Leave ambiguity aside and explain your own views on this topic.
    Do you think India needs new constitution?
    Which new generation you are talking about who wants to change our constitution?
    What changes you expect in new constitution?

I don't think constitution ever gets old.

Even though the Constitution of India was made in 1950, there have been frequent amendments since then, which shows that our Constitution can never be old because of adoption of changes based on the demands of the time is a special identity of the Indian Constitution. We know that the Indian Constitution is rigid in nature but in many cases, it is also flexible. It took about 2 years and 11 months to form the Indian Constitution, after studying the constitution of different countries, our leaders had made this constitution, in which they made arrangements based on all religions, gender, caste, etc. . Indian constitution is the largest written constitution in the world, amendment in this is appropriate but the matter of but the re-creation of the complete constitution will not be appropriate.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

There is no need. If somebody proposes this and give a chance to the present-day politicians a chance to write a constitution, the common will be definitely at a loss as all these leaders are self-centred. So I never wish that to happen. Even though our constitution is written in 1950, those leaders studied a lot and made the best possible constitution. Even today the constitution is treated as the best in the world. As and when it is required it is being amended and already 104 amendments are there. So I wish that the present constitution should only be continued and no attempt for rewriting should not be allowed.
    drrao
    always confident

My general feeling is that the demographic and population of the country has increased and the constitution should address to the needs of all.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

For this situation we have system of amendment in constitution and it has been done in past too. What is the point of another constitution? If you are adamant on your stand then explain your views. I think you are implying to make radical changes in fundamentals of the constitution which fall beyond amendment . If yes, then it means you want to say good bye to democracy from india. Else you are absolutely naive of what you are saying.

No I am very much interested with present set up but some changes in constitution as per people aspiration is needed.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments