You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

Reprehensible tweet of Trump Jr sparks controversy

Donald Trump Junior has shared an electoral map on his tweeter handle. It has created convertial furore in the political circle. In this map he has. shown that whole the world is in support of his father and US president Donald Trump except India, China and Maxico. Surprising and noticeable thing in map is that he has shown Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir and North- Eastern States separate from Indian map. It indicates that he has tried to show that these integral parts of India are not the parts of India. In this map he shows countries which are allegedly supporting Donald Trump are colored as red whereas India,China and Mexico have been shown in blue colour.

He wrote: "Okay, finally got around to making my electoral map prediction."

Omar Abdullah, the former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir reacted to the tweet.

He tweeted, "So much for the friendship with Trump Senior. Junior has placed India firmly with @JoeBiden & @KamalaHarris though interestingly Jr. believes J&K & the NorthEast go against the rest of India & will vote Trump. Someone needs to take his colouring pencils away."

Shashi Tharoor, Congress party leader and member of parliament, also a former undersecretary-general of United Nations reacted to the tweet, taking a jibe at the Indian Prime Minister.

He tweeted: "The price of Namo's bromance: Kashmir & the NorthEast cut off from the rest of India, &the whole "filthy" place relegated by Don Jr to the realm of hostiles, along with China & Mexico. So much for the crores spent on obsequious serenading stadium events!"

During the recent 2+2 ministerial dialogue between India and US that has defence and foreign ministers from both sides, US lashed out at China's aggressive posturing against at the Line of Actual Control referring to the standoff in Ladakh. US secretary of state Michael Pompeo said in an address to the media, "Chinese Communist Party is no friend to democracy. The United States will stand with the people of India as they face threats to their sovereignty and liberty". The statement came in the backdrop of the military tussle between India and China in Ladakh.

Our government has not reacted on this tweet so far. I hope that our government will officially condemn this type of obnoxious statement of US President's son.
    What is your opinion on it.
    He seems to be another joker like our Indian jokers. He put the state of California with the same color as that of Mexico in the map. Shall we treat California as part of Mexico? It is better to avoid such jokers.

I think Jr Donald of the US is similar to our Jr Gandhi of India. Both appear to be immature politicians.
    No life without Sun

It seems a lighter vein joke has been played amid the tough fight for the Presidency and the Trump Junior has withdrawn the controversial tweet since then.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

These are all actions without much understanding of the situation and the subject properly. I think Donal Jr is not having a full understanding of the relation his father has with our country. I think this person may also not know the borders of India properly.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments