Diwali Books - 2020 ebook contest begins!It's time to publish our Diwali e-book! Those keen on participating should first register in this thread. Queries related to the contest should also be put in that thread. In this contest announcement thread, registered participants will each submit a chapter as per the Chapter number assigned to them.
The theme of this e-book challenge is 'Diwali Books'.
1. Each author must submit his/her chapter within 24hrs. of the time stamp of the previous chapter.
2. The text should be in English only, but if you are using traditional Indian words related to the festival in a regional language, you need to explain its meaning at the end of the text. Remember to use the word assigned to you. The word should be used at least once and can be used more than once also as long as it is relevant to your text. Do not give any links.
3. The text should be minimum 300 words and maximum 400 words and the chapter should be given a title that is suitable for the text you submitted.
4. Do not set the story with any pandemic background. Avoid flashbacks, because in earlier contests this has created a problem, creating meandering tracks and taking the story off-track from the core theme. However, you can make a reference to some past incident, like 'She recalled the time when together they ....'
5. Do not include any aspects of smoking, drugs, alcohol, weapons and the like.
1. Put the chapter in a response in this thread only and mention the chapter number at the start of the text, as well as mention the word assigned to you, like this-
Chapter 1 - [Title]
Word challenge -
2. If you fail to submit the chapter within 24hrs., then you will not be allowed to write that particular chapter later. You may get a second chance to participate later in the contest if registrations are still open, but you will be ineligible for the main prizes.
3. You can include any number of new characters other than those mentioned in previous chapters and of different ages, even pets, and put in an element of mystery, humour, etc. Conversations/dialogues can be included wherever required.
4. We will trust the authors not to change the text. So do not edit your chapter once submitted, as it will create confusion for the next author if you change the story. However, you can correct a typo.
5. Although it will be a challenge for the next author to pick up the story from where you ended your chapter, do try to end it in a way that it will not be like 'The End' and it is possible to continue the flow of the story.
Since there were no winners for the the contest on college clubs, we will give more prizes for valid and worthy entries as adjudged by the jury panel as follows-
1. Instead of just one or two, up to maximum three authors will each receive a cash prize of Rs.125/- and a virtual gift of the certificate of creativity.
2. Second prizes (up to two maximum ) - Rs.100/- + virtual gift of appreciation.
3. Consolation prize of Rs.75/- may be given (up to one maximum)
4. Each author may get enhanced points and cash credits as per the quality of the entry. Also, using the word assigned to you in a unique way will get you a bonus of two additional points and cc.
5. The winning authors will get 10 points to their entry, but no cc for it as their main prizes will be credited to their profile account.
6. There will be a surprise additional contest (one that has never been held before!) as an offshoot of this contest, with a cash prize for one or two winners, but that will be announced only after this e-book is completed. Only participants of this contest will be allowed to participate in that one.