You must Sign In to post a response.
Tomorrow is the finals of the 2020 IPL. Time to close our MAPs as well, with this last one.
  • Category: IPL and Cricket Matches

IPL 2020 Finals Make A Prediction (MAP)

It's time for the big game, the final match to decide which team will be the IPL 2020 champs! Will Mumbai Indians (MI) win their fifth title or will Delhi Capitals (DC) bag their first IPL trophy? Let's make some interesting predications in our last MAP, with 10 to be made, only a list of predictions to be given in a response (the questions should not be repeated), and the same reward system applying as in the previous MAPs. Keep in mind that, like in the earlier MAPs, you will not be able to edit your response.

2020 IPL Final MAP - MI vs DC-
    1. Which team's opening batting pair will stitch together a higher partnership?
    2. Which team's bowlers will give away the most extras?
    3. Which team's fielders will take the most catches?
    4. Which batsman will score the most number of sixes (considering both teams together)?
    5. Which MI bowler will take the wicket of the DC captain?
    6. Which DC bowler will take the wicket of the MI captain?
    7. Which bowler will have the most batsmen clean bowled (considering both teams together)? - you can put 'Noone' if you predict there will be no batsmen out this way.
    8. Name one fielder from either team who will effect at least one run-out (considering both teams together)? - you can put 'Noone' if you predict there will be no run-outs at all.
    [In case multiple fielders effect a run-out, all correct predictions will be accepted.]
    9. Which team will lift the 2020 IPL trophy?
    10. Who will win the player of the match award?

Closing time: 3 a.m. (IST) tomorrow, 10th November [since I put up this MAP late, a few extra hourse have been given!]

Keep track of your scores so far-
    (i) IPL 2020 Qualifier 1 MAP
    (ii) IPL 2020 Eliminator MAP
    (iii) IPL 2020 Qualifier 2 MAP
    1. Delhi Capitals (DC)
    2. Mumbai Indians (MI)
    3. DC
    4. Dhawan
    5. Rahul Chahar
    6. Kagiso Rabada
    7. None
    8. Shreyas Iyer
    9. DC
    10. Dhawan

drrao
    always confident

1 MI
    2 DC
    3 MI
    4 Pollard
    5 Bhumrah
    6 Rabada
    7 Bhumeah
    8 Kunal Pandya
    9 MI
    10 Hardik Pandya

Honesty is the best policy.

1. DC
    2. DC
    3. DC
    4. Stoinis
    5. Krunal Pandya
    6. Rabada
    7. Rabada
    8. Iyer
    9. DC
    10. Dhawan

shampasaid

1. MI.
    2. DC.
    3. DC.
    4. Dhawan.
    5. Bhumrah.
    6. Rabada.
    7. Rabada.
    8. Shreyas Iyer.
    9. MI.
    10. Hardik Pandya.

Knowledge is power.

1. Mumbai Indians (MI)
    2. Delhi Capitals (DC)
    3. MI
    4. Quinton de Kock
    5. Rahul Chahar
    6. Anrich Nortje
    7. Jasprit Bumrah
    8. Quinton de Kock
    9. Mumbsi Indians (MI)
    10. Ishan Kishan

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

1. Mumbai Indians
    2. Delhi Capitals
    3. Mumbai Indians
    4. Quinton de Kock
    5. Rahul Chahar
    6. Anrich Nortje
    7. Rabada
    8. Shreyas Iyer
    9. Mumbai Indians
    10. Shikhar Dhawan

1. Mumbai Indians (MI)
    2. Delhi Capitals (DC)
    3. MI
    4. Quinton de Kock
    5. Rahul Chahar
    6. Anrich Nortje
    7. Rabada
    8. Quinton de Kock
    9. Mumbai Indians
    10. Shikhar Dhawan

Lead the leader

1. Mumbai Indians
    2. Delhi Capitals
    3. Mumbai Indians
    4. Quinton de Kock
    5. Rahul Chahar
    6. Anrich Nortje
    7. Rabada
    8. Quinton de Kock
    9. Mumbai Indians
    10. Ishan kishan

1. Mumbai Indians (MI)
    2. Delhi Capitals (DC)
    3. Mumbai Indians (MI)
    4. Ishan Kishan(MI)
    5. Trent Boult(MI)
    6. Kagiso Rabada(DC)
    7. Jasprit Bumrah(MI)
    8. Ajinkya Rahane(DC)
    9. Delhi Capitals(DC)
    10. Shimron Hetmyer(DC)

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

1. Mumbai Indians
    2. Mumbai Indians
    3. Mumbai Indians
    4. Marcus Stoinis
    5. Krunal Pandya
    6. Ravichandran Ashwin
    7. Jasprit Bumrah
    8. Noone
    9. Mumbai Indians
    10. Jasprit Bumrah

Regards
    Rizwan

1. Mumbai Indians.
    2. Delhi Capitals.
    3. Mumbai Indians.
    4. Pollard.
    5. Trent Boult.
    6. Rabada.
    7. Jasprit Bumrah.
    8. Ajinkya Rahane.
    9. Delhi Capitals.
    10. Shimron Hetmyer.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

1. Delhi Capitals
    2. MI
    3. DC
    4. Pollard.
    5. Trent Boult.
    6. Rabada.
    7. Jasprit Bumrah.
    8. Ajinkya Rahane.
    9. DC
    10. Pollard

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

1. Mumbai Indians
    2. Delhi Capitals
    3. Mumbai Indians
    4. Marcus Stoinis
    5. Krunal Pandya
    6. Ravichandran Ashwin
    7. Jasprit Bumrah
    8. Noone
    9. Mumbai Indians
    10. Shirmon Hetmyer

No life without Sun

The result-
    1. Which team's opening batting pair will stitch together a higher partnership? - MI
    2. Which team's bowlers will give away the most extras? – Both the teams gave four extras each.
    3. Which team's fielders will take the most catches? - MI
    4. Which batsman will score the most number of sixes (considering both teams together)? – Rohit Sharma with four of them.
    5. Which MI bowler will take the wicket of the DC captain? – nobody; Shreyas Iyer was not out.
    6. Which DC bowler will take the wicket of the MI captain? – Anrich Nortje
    7. Which bowler will have the most batsmen clean bowled (considering both teams together)? - you can put 'Noone' if you predict there will be no batsmen out this way. – Jayant Yadav and Kagiso Rabada each had one batsman out clean bowled.
    8. Name one fielder from either team who will effect at least one run-out (considering both teams together)? - you can put 'Noone' if you predict there will be no run-outs at all.
    [In case multiple fielders effect a run-out, all correct predictions will be accepted.]
    - Praveen Dubey and Suryakuma Yadav.
    9. Which team will lift the 2020 IPL trophy? – MI
    10. Who will win the player of the match award? – Trent Boult

Participants are requested to check and let me know within two days if incorrect points and cc have been given. I will then add it to the Tally of points, assuming everyone has checked their points and cc of the previous MAPs as well as instructed earlier.

We can have a MAP for the Tests that are part of the upcoming India-Australia series. We won't have for the T20s and ODIs and for a change will have for each of the Tests only if members are interested.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I would like to see fairness in awarding points and cash credits. The last 3 responses have been posted after specified time and still rewarded whereas in some of the previous MAPs responses have been awarded 0 citing the reason that they were posted after deadline. I believe this is just a miss in verification.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Yes, Syed Rizwan, you are absolutely right. Thanks for the alert. I had noted the late entries when closing the thread on the 10th, but goofed up today and gave the points and cc in a hurry. I apologize for the haste and will rectify it. Really stupid thing to do. Sorry to those participants whose points and cc will get deducted with the rectification.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I did badly in this. I have a wish that DC should win as every time MI is only winning the trophy. So I have gone as per my wish more than my predictions and for that, I paid the penalty. Anyhow, this is all in the game. No regrets. At least in the next IPL, some other team except MI will win the trophy, I hope.
    drrao
    always confident

Madam Vandana,
    You have committed the mistake of awarding points and CC to the late entrants.
    Firstly, you failed to lock the thread in time. You could have done it after 6 a.m.
    Secondly, you have awarded the points and CC. Could have thought well before awarding it.
    Thirdly, all the late entries were prior to the commencement of the game.
    Hence, it should be accepted, and points & CC awarded should not be taken back.
    Ensure that you don't repeat it during future contests.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.