You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How far the vaccines which were made at risk would be successful?

Serum Institute has been making full arrangement for large supply of vaccines across the country and this has been made under the contract of Oxford license but with the rider that the vaccines would be made , administered and controlled at risk and there cannot be responsibilities. In that case what is my objection that India can stand for some more months but cannot risk the lives of the people with at risk clause and that creates lots of doubts among the people as many elders and children are waiting to take their first dose of vaccines.
    The vaccines may not be 100% successful and some people even though vaccinated may get affected by the virus. The success rate varies from Vaccine to Vaccine. The present vaccine is around 95% I read somewhere. After taking the Vaccine also if any person gets infected with the virus, they may file a case against the manufacture saying that the manufacturer mislead him and he may ask for higher amounts. So the companies will be careful and they have somewhere some disclaimer so that, in case of any unwanted incident happens, they should not be in risk and for that this risk clause will be there.
    Unless otherwise the WHO satisfies with the performance they will not advise the people to go for the vaccine. Even the Russian vaccine is also having some risk and they say the success rate is around 95%. I think this should not stop somebody from using the vaccine.

drrao
    always confident

But why the risk factor vaccines be administered and then confront with the possible reactions ?
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As of now, the vaccine available are not complete but incomplete with 90 percent effectiveness. It would take time to have a vaccine of 100 percent effectiveness. We have learned to live with Corona for the last 9 months. Can't we wait for few more months to get administered with 100 percent effective vaccine? We should not hurry up with half baked vaccines.
    No life without Sun

The purpose of a vaccine is to protect all people from virus-infection. As the author has suggested that the vaccine is not 100% safe, then what is the point in accepting this vaccine. I think the government should not take it and the government will not purchase a risky vaccine until this risk is no more.

So far the situation is still grim. Meanwhile, all the people keep on distancing from each other and keep on wearing the mask on the face. This is the best way to protect ourselves from infection of this pandemic.

There seems to be rush and pressure on vaccine find as the second pandemic started in many countries.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments