You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy children's day to all

Today is 14th November. The birthday of our first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Every year since the year 1964, Nov 14 is celebrated as Children's day in India. Nehru is very much fond of children and used to love children and he is very famous as "Chacha Nehru". As a mark of respect towards Pandit Nehru for the development, he carried out to the nation and his love for children his birthday is celebrated as Children's day.

We all feel happy to see a smile on the face of all the children. Smile is a very valuable thing in this world. A child should spend his childhood always with a smile on his/her face. Childhood is a pleasant time in everybody's life and all should enjoy that.

On this day I convey my best wishes to all the children. I hope all the members of ISC will join me in conveying their best wishes to all children.
    Same to you.

I would like to quote some of his views on his birthday.

"Politics and Religion are obsolete. The time has come for Science and Spirituality."

"Evil unchecked grows, evil tolerated poisons the whole system"

"The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer."

"Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes."

"There is nothing more horrifying than stupidity in action."

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism; the way you play it is free will."

"The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all."

" It's is science alone that can solve the problems of hunger and poverty, of insanitation and illiteracy, of superstition and deadening custom and tradition, of vast resources running to waste, or a rich country inhabited by starving people... Who indeed could afford to ignore science today? At every turn we have to seek its aid... The future belongs to science and those who make friends with science."

"The best and noblest gifts of humanity cannot be the monopoly of a particular race or country; its scope may not be limited nor may it be regarded as the miser's hoard buried underground."

"The spectacle of what is called religion, or at any rate organised religion, in India and elsewhere, has filled me with horror and I have frequently condemned it and wished to make a clean sweep of it. Almost always it seemed to stand for blind belief and reaction, dogma and bigotry, superstition, exploitation and the preservation of vested interests."

"Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit"

"

A Very Happy Children's Day! There is no celebration this time because of the pandemic situation but that should not make any child gloomy. There are many children in our country who cannot go to school because of various reasons and this Children's Day is a reminder to all of us to make their life wonderful. This time, Diwali and Children's Day is on the same day and let's celebrate this festival of lights by spreading light and smiles on the faces of every child.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

On this children day my best wishes to all the children across the country and world who are really missing the personal bonding of their friends, teachers, relatives and other well wishers. Now that the schools are closed, the children are stay put at home and the Deepavali festival being over lapped, the very festival for the children has been sidelined for sure. There is no speech, no activity, no skits no drams which were the highlight of previous children day celebrations and even no wishes from the teachers wold make the children more boring and not connected. This children day ended with no activities at all.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.