You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Actors

Soumitra Chatterjee, the famous Bengali actor is no more

Legendary Indian actor Soumitra Chatterjee died from Covid complications. He worked with Oscar-winning director Satyajit Ray, in more than 10 films. He was aged 85 years. He was admitted to Belle Vue Hospital in Kolkata city on 6th October 2020 as he was tested positive for COVID19. Later he was tested negative of the virus. But because of other complications, his health condition deteriorated and finally succumbed.

Chatterjee acted in more than 300 movies. He was also a well-known play writer, theatre actor and poet. He received the Padma Bhushan award in the year 2004 and received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2012.

I pay my condolences to the family of this great actor and I pray to God to see that his soul will rest in peace.
    Soumitra Chaterjee was a veteran artist. He was not only great actor, but also a great director. If could see his roles in the different films, it would reflect his inner potential of his artistic ability. The speciality lay in his style of acting of the different charecters with ease. He had around 300 pictures where he has actively participated in the different roles for which he was duly acclaimed. The other interesting fact was that he was a good play writer and theatre artist.,He could talk in several languages with ease and his popularity was mainly due to his simplicity and his versatility. He had composed several poems depicting the brilliance of nature and his deep passion for his mother land.
    His departure was due to his ill health though corona spared him. His immunity dropped to a low level due to exposure of such a dreaded disease and finally he breathed his last in View Hospital, Kolkata.

My tribute to the legendary actor. It's a great loss to the film industry, especially the Bengali Film industry where he is regarded as the guardian. Be it on the silver screen or at the stage he was a true legend. His name is synonymous to the legendary director Satyajit Ray who is said to have discovered Soumitra Chatterjee. His life was dedicated to acting and he played various roles in the films he acted in. He is regarded the world over for his acting skills and received Ordre des Arts et des Lettres for his contribution. On his final journey to the crematorium, the CM of West Bengal along with leaders cutting across political lines are walking with the hearse. Many of his admirers are walking with a candle in their hands on his final journey. It's an era that ended today. My condolences to his family members and his near and dear ones.

May his departed soul rest in peace.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Soumitra Chatterjee was a veteran of the cine industry and has passed away due to ill health. His contribution to the Indian cinema will be remembered by all of us and I pray the almighty to grant peace to the deceased soul.
    Knowledge is power.

Bengal has given many actors and directors to the film world and Soumitra Chatterjee is above all because as a senior member of the film fraternity he not only guided many to achieve the success but also stood as the king pin in changing the very luck factor of many actors. At the senior age of 85 years he lived fully in life and his acting in many films has earned the applause. And he died living the void which cannot be filled by the film fraternity in General and Kollkotta film Industry in particular.He received the Padma Bhushan award in the year 2004 and that was truly deserved and received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2012 which was again timely.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments