You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you make the most of cashback on online shopping?

Shopping online is the new normal and it is picking up pace at a faster rate than expected. To promote purchases from particular sites a lot of offers are also offered. Discounts and cashback are offered on most sites and on products.

I will not discuss discounts offered, as most of these discounts are on inflated prices hence not genuine except on groceries. I wanted to know as to how much cashback benefit members make use of. Many times flat 10% cashback is offered on your purchases in addition to the already discounted prices, which does provide good savings. The cashback can be on the use of UPI payment or some particular credit card or even wallet payments.

I have got cashback on Amazon Pay wallet, HDFC Payzapp wallet, Mobikwik wallet, and also on Paytm. I have also got a flat discount on the use of HDFC credit card, and ICICI credit card.

On which wallet or credit card, members have availed cashback and saved some money.
    Online shopping is always better than offline shopping. For online one has to do extensive research before buying anything as you are not seeing the items directly. Usually, in offline shopping, the vendors give a minimum margin in selling their goods, unlike online shopping. In the past, I got a lot of cash backs from Phone pe. Nowadays I am mostly using Amazon pay for all kinds of bill payments and money transactions. A few days back I paid my electricity bill for that I got Rs.60 as cashback. Sometimes I am ordering even groceries from Amazon Portal where I am getting Rs.200-250 cashback for buying Rs.2000 worth of groceries. As my PC became very old and non-functional, recently in Diwali festival sales I bought a basic Lenovo laptop for monthly installments in Flipkart. The selling price of this Laptop is Rs.22000 and I got a discount of Rs.2,873 discount by using Axis bank credit card. Actually, if we buy it offline it may cost more than Rs.26000. Similarly, I bought a Prestige mixer-grinder this season and for this, I got Rs.800 rupees by using a credit card in Flipkart. So mostly I am buying things online shopping.

I started my online shopping activity very recently. Though I see the cashback facilities, I never had an opportunity, because I am using only one bank card for online payment. I think this cashback facility is to promote the opening of new bank accounts in that bank.
    No life without Sun

I have been using the online facility for many purchases. I use a stanchart credit card regularly and I am getting cash back many times. The cashback offers will be varying from time to time and once we purchase more we will get more cashback. I use Google pay also regularly. In these transactions also I got some small amounts as cashback.
    I use paytm also and there are cashback offers on paytm also. In addition to that, the rebates the seller is giving are different. There are also we get some discounts. We have a local vegetable selling shop has its own app and we use that app for vegetable purchase. We are getting a 10% discount on that app also. But I don't know how they are making profits after giving so many discounts and other offers. Probably the rates are increased beforehand keeping these discounts and rebates in mind.

drrao
    always confident

Earlier in a few occasions I got a some little flat cash back from Amazon online stores but nowadays I am not finding those offers with the normal subscription. However some people told me that with special premium membership certain cash back offers are going on regularly. But one has to pay the annual subscription fee for the said membership which is presently about Rs 1000 per month.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

No doubt online shopping has become the necessity of the hour and not every shopping is beneficial and we have to be careful with terms and conditions and other riders before going to click the final selection and payment. The companies are wooing the customers to their fold and the online portals are also offering cash back. Moreover the online payment platforms which promise some cash back is not forth coming. May be one or two people might be benefited and that news spread as the wild fire and soon many would use the same app and wants the benefit but end up nothing. Some groceries are available for even one rupee but they are charging more on some articles and products and thus what I feel that it is the trick to capture the mood of the buyers by offering online cash largess and nothing more than that.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments