You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How many Platinum members are there on this site and how much time did it take to become one?

I was just curious to know as to how many Platinum members are there on this website and how much time did it take to become one? Reaching Gold level membership is also easy but reaching the Platinum level requires a lot of effort and commitment.

I do see a few members who carry this badge but exactly how many are there will be known either to the editors or the webmasters. So, those who already have a Platinum level badge can respond.
    As of now, there are 8(Eight) Platinum members present at ISC. The latest platinum member is Mr. Umesh who joined ISC on 10 Dec 2016
    I joined ISC on 24th March 2011 and got my platinum in July 2014(After 40 months). One can reach platinum level within 3 years easily.

No life without Sun

For becoming a platinum members one has to achieve the target of 50000 points and as said by Sun there are handful of eight members who achieved this rare feat. Consistency and pursue could bring a inclusive performance through which daily tempo is maintained and achieving platinum level purely depends on the members concerned. I have been consistent from the day one and nearing the total of 225000 points shortly. But our top platinum member is none other than Pramod who was expert job section contributor and he achieved the level very fast and that was the record. Having scored more than 400000 point s and above I think none can touch that feat so easily and even webmaster score was less. Nevertheless the perseverance and consistency of the members need to be appreciated.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As both Sun and Mohan said there are 8 platinum members here on the site and if you are wishing to acheive this milestone then you have to be consistent on the site and will have to participate as much as you can to reach there as early as possible.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

It is not that only eight members reached the platinum level. Many members, in the past, have reached platinum level, but have come down to diamond and gold level owing to their inability to contribute to score the required number of points in a year. I am sure, there would be more than 20 platinum members.
    No life without Sun

Consistency is the key to attain platinum membership as suggested by members. Those who achieved this members may not have continued hence they levels drop down.
    You can check on the memership levels, points to be earned and you could get more information through this thread.

Lead the leader

In the beginning the total points required to achieve the platinum level was less and probably many would have achieved the score but later it made to 50,000 points.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I joined ISC in the fag end of 2016 and with good luck, in 2020, I reached the platinum level in about 3-1/2 years time. So when I look back I find that my average score of points per month during that period was about 1200 to 1300 points. Mainly it came from forum section (700 to 900 points), Ask Experts section (150 to 200 points), Article section (50 to 100 points), information updates (50 to 100 points), and contests (100 to 150 points).

As Sun has rightly indicated it may be easy to reach the Platinum level with a little bit of hard work but it requires sustained phase of contributions to maintain it. So that is a challenge and we have to try for that.

One thing I am tempted to suggest to the new members here is that please contribute in all the sections of your interest and that gives a change also and we get away from the monotony of a particular section but do not forget about the contests. They are the most interesting activities that will motivate and inspire us to improve our writing skills. I am much fascinated by them. In fact, the concerned editors are sparing a lot of time in designing and following up those contests. It takes time. Please also note that however good one may be, it would not be possible for any management in any site to award a particular person every time, as there are so many equally competent members so do not look only for the award. I strongly believe that regularly participating in contests is itself an award. Believe me, this fact will be known to you sooner or later. So keep contributing and all the best.

Knowledge is power.

I started contributing to this site in December 2016. I became a platinum member in 2019. It took me about 3 years to reach the platinum level. Many people achieved the platinum level. But the main issue is retaining the same. I think minimum 10000 points are to be scored every year to be in that level. If we score less than that, based on the points we scored we may get down to diamond or gold level based on the points we scored that year. So many people might have become platinum members but they might have slipped down to Gold or Diamond level based on the points scored. To score that minimum prescribed we have to work hard. We have to spend more time on this site and participate in the various section so that we will not slip down to the other levels.
    drrao
    always confident

I became a diamond member few months back but slipped to the gold member as I didn't participate in any of the section of the site. But from few days I have started being active on the site and hoping to regain the diamond level again.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

• Sign In to post your comments