You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

World Marriage Day. Was it Yesterday? We missed it. NO.

Members,
    Yesterday was World Marriage Day. No one thought about it, and we missed an opportunity to celebrate that lovely day. Anyway, better late than never.

Let us share the importance of marriage in our life.
    Is it important that we should marry to lead a happy life?
    Can't we manage to live without a spouse on earth?
    Does marriage really bring happiness in life?

Your views and opinion about marriage. Let your responses be interesting.

Update:
    Sorry members, Yesterday was not World Marriage Day. I went wrong with the information. Just ignore it. I was misguided with marriage day. But you can discuss about marriage.
    I never heard about Marriage Day. Thanks for this informative thread. All these 'Day' are coming from western world reason is that they are too much matriaistc , their culture, life style, way of thinking about life all are different from east. Why marriage day is celebrated in west. Do you ever surmised ?
    What comes in my mind is that the concept of marriage is gradually going obsolete. Marriage is a bond to live together which their culture has discarded as a useless social practice years ago. Live-in has become so common among people that marriage bond has become irrelevant for them But still there are many people who believe in marriage and they want that this family system should be restored in western society.

World Marriage Day (WMD), is celebrated annually throughout the world on the second Sunday of February. This is sponsored by the Worldwide Marriage Encounter movement. It appreciates the beauty of faithfulness, sacrifice and joy in married life. This is the year this was celebrated on 9th February. Next year it will be on 14th February.
    Many people enjoyed their lives even without marrying anybody. Atal Bihari Vajpayee never married. But he enjoyed his life by serving the nation. Many people managed their lives on earth very well without a wife. Atal is the best example of this also.
    Marriage brings happiness to some lives. The same event will bring sorrow also in some lives. That is why we are seeing many divorce cases these days. So we can't generalise these issues. All depends on the mentality and the wishes of the individual.
    But marriage brings responsibilities to the individual and the couples who accept their responsibilities and perform well with happiness will enjoy their lives.

drrao
    always confident

How come my marriage day would be co related to the world marriage day? Everyone of us get married on a particular day and celebrated every year as marriage anniversary without fail. And it is purely a celebration and festivity between the two souls which got united and they both has the right and duty to acknowledge each other keeping aside the misgivings ,the utterances, the back lashes. and even scoldings as they forget and forgive on the marriage and live happily the whole day. Children are taking interest to celebrate the marriage day of the parents and they arrange special party and felicitate the parents with rare gifts which were never thought by the parents. Nevertheless is is the stupid idea to celebrate the world marriage day which cannot coincide with our marriage day and thus I feel a waste comment on this.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

According to me, marriage is sharing and sacrificing life, and to keep the world in a balanced state. It is said that marriage is fixed in heaven. Kindly read the story How marriage is fixed in heaven. An interesting creative story from Sun of ISC to read and enjoy.
    No life without Sun

I became aware of such a Marriage Day, when I received a few posts in WhatsApp on Marriage Jokes. Frankly, I enjoyed the jokes, but did not bother to search or to know more about the 'Marriage Day". Just ignored and moved on.

Marriage also brings the old memories of bonding and meeting of people during those days and how the entire function gone through challenging situations are also recalled.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.