You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Should we say a lost journey or last journey?

When I was returning home a funeral van was carrying the corpse followed by the near and dear ones in mourning. But I was attracted by those two words observation written on the front side of the van. Lost Journey. Normally we compare the dead body pal bearers carrying the dead person to the pedestal of cremation would call as the last journey of life. However the van has the words of Lost Journey which prompted me to share here to have the experts reactions on this matter. Should we say lost journey or the last journey?
    It would be absolutely right to call it as Last (Last)journey only. What you observed could be a spelling mistake committed by the writer. Lost journey won't fit in this case. The body still continues its journey and the journey is not lost. If something is lost, it can be recovered or made good with alternatives. Here, the departed soul cannot be recovered.

Contact the concerned people and ask them to correct the word lost as last, if you can.

No life without Sun

The driver too became too busy that he did not observe, you could just add a small tail forward of "o" to make it "a".
    Typing errors create difference in meaning, it is important that observing skills has to be learnt, practiced.

Lead the leader

All of us are moving along with movement of time. Where time comes from or where time goes to it's beyond our perception. This movement of ours with movement of time is like a journey. This journey of our life is the combination of our two independent entities and as long as our movement with time is intact these two entities also remain together and these two entities are soul and body. They are inseparable while moving together along with time and this movement of these entities together is our life. But eventually, a moment comes during this journey when these two inseparable entities get separated and whenceforth the soul keeps moving on its own way but the body gets too exhausted to continue this journey with soul and thus lost its journey. When the body has lost the journey some people come and take it on bier as its last ride and thus its last journey comes to an end at the funeral spot and ultimately, it disappears for ever.

But I feel the words lost journey is apt because the end came abruptly.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    When the body without soul on the funeral van is journeying last, how can we say Lost journey is apt?

No life without Sun

In Hyderabad, I have seen many such vehicles used for carrying the dead bodies. On all the vehicles it will be written as 'Last(LAST) Journey'. The particular what the author is referring might have been used a wrong word. It may be a spelling mistake also. I feel Lost journey is not apt for the situation. The journey of a dead body means the journey is only after losing its life. During the journey, death has not happened. After death only the journey took place. There is no other journey to that body. So the Last Journey is the correct word. The lost journey will not fit into the situation.
    drrao
    always confident

There are many English words which are misspelt on the boards of small vendors and small tempos which transport things from one place to other in the city itself. The labourers and small workers do not bother and do not mind these mistakes in English. It is only the educated elites which monitor these things so cautiously and meticulously. I have seen many words misspelt at many places especially in slum area and poverty stricken belts where the nearest possible spelling in the mind of the person who has painted it or written it, is the final verdict and every one there accepts it as the correct spelling.
    Knowledge is power.

Whether lost journey or the last journey the end has put the full stop.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments