You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Father of Indian Software Industry, respected Faqir Chand Kohli is no more.

Faqir Chand Kohli, the founder of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and the company's first CEO, died on Thursday. He was 96 years old. He is also known as the Father of the Indian Software Industry. He also played a big role in the decision to bring the legendary IT company IBM to India in 1991. FC Kohli spearheaded India's technology revolution and as the first CEO of TCS helped the country build a $ 100 billion IT industry.

Honored with Padma Bhushan, Honorable Faqir Chand Kohli will always live in our memories. Paying tribute to him, we the ISC team pray to the Lord for the peace of his soul.
    Faqir Chand Kohli was a visionary and helped immensely for the growth of the IT industry in our country. This is a great loss to the software industry in India and his contribution to the industry will be remembered by all. I offer my tribute to the visionary. May his soul rest in peace.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Faqir Chand Kohli has born Born on March 19, 1924, in Peshwar. He studied his BA and B.SC from the Government College for Men in Lahore under Punjab University. Later he did his B.Sc (Hons) in Electrical Engineering and also did his MS in Mechanical engineering
    Kohli r joined Tata Electric Companies and became its Director in 1970. He introduced digital computers for power system design and control. He became the deputy chairman of TCS in the year 1994. He worked hard to bring IBM to India as part of Tata- IBM. He retired from TCS in 1999 at his 75th year.
    A great personality we made TCS as the number on IT company and his good work is recognised and has been awarded Padmabuhasan.
    I send my condolences to his family members and I pray God for rest to his soul.

drrao
    always confident

It is sad to know that Faqir Chand Kohli who was instrumental in accelerating the growth of IT industry in general in India and in particular in Tata group is no more. I pray almighty for peace of the soul of the deceased.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments