You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Has the Income Tax department started refunding to the tax payers?

Members,
    Have you received the refund of excess tax paid by you? Though the government has extended the deadline for filing IT returns till 31 Aug 2020, all eligible taxpayers must have submitted their IT returns by this time.

Have you filed your IT return and received your refund if due? I have filed my return in the month of September, but I haven't received my refund of a few thousand. Will it take time? Will it be refunded only after the last date for filing returns or immediately after verification of the return submitted?.

Throw some light on this.
    I have not submitted my IT returns so far. My CA told me that he will do it in the month of November. But the last date is extended up to 31st December 2020, he did not do that. He says he will complete it in this week. One of my two sons completed his process and he is still waiting for getting the excess money paid to get back. Another son is still waiting for his process to get completed. I think he will also get it done in this week. You need not wait till the last date is over. But they will take some time to verify and send back the excess. You may receive after 31st December 2021 only.
    drrao
    always confident

I have submitted my income tax return in July itself. Only yesterday, I received the intimation that my return is processed and there are no dues to pay. So far my IT returns were processed in one month's time but this time it took a lot of time. I think the refunds may also get delayed.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I submitted my return in September 2020 but so far no intimation. Till last year it took only about 2 months maximum. I think we have to wait as there is no other go right now. It seems processing is quite slow this year.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments