You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Another Cyclone 'Burevi' in Tamilnadu

After Nivar in the North Tamilnadu, we have Burevi, a cyclonic storm to bring heavy rain to south Tamilnadu. Unlike Nivar, Buruvi will move at a lesser speed of 70 to 80 gusting to 90 kmph. IMD has issued orange alert as it would bring heavy rain between Kanyakumari and Pamban coast. After crossing Srilanka on 3rd December, it would cross TN coast in the morning hours of 4th December.

I am happy that my village that needs plenty water would be benefitted by Burevi. My village is just 50 km north of Kanyakumari and 7 km away from the seacoast. I am sure, the major dams like Papanasam, Manimuttar, Petchiparai would be filled soon. River Tamirabharani, the southern Ganga would be flooded.

Tamilnadu is prepared to face any eventualities caused by Burevi.
    This is what I heard today. It is still raining heavily in many parts of Tamilnadu and it may continue for another 3 or 4 days all over the state. My brother states in Chennai. I talked to him in the morning today and he was telling many network problems are there because of the disturbance in the lines due to the cyclone. He planned to come to Hyderabad this week. But he cancelled his leave and staying back because of this second cyclone effect. It may take another 4 days for him to bring back all his works to the normal stage and then only he can come here on leave. He says Chennai is all set to face the second cyclone.
    drrao
    always confident

Chennai won't be affected by Cyclone Burevi. It is purely for south Tamilnadu (south of Madurai) districts, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Ramanathapuram, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Tenkasi, Kanyakumari, and south Kerala. However, there would be change in weather conditions in entire Tamilnadu and Kerala.
    No life without Sun

It is definitely a bad news. Another cyclone in succession to the first one. This is a rare phenomenon. Though the disaster managements teams will be deployed in time but the threat looming on the head of the local public is the biggest set back and everyone will be praying for its weakening or diversion to the open seas. Let us hope that it weakens while crossing the shore.
    Knowledge is power.

Umesh,
    Cyclone is not bad. We need many cyclones. Cyclone only brings rain. The intensity of a cyclone should not be heavy to destroy people and property. The problem is - We do not have enough storage facility to store the rainwater. In the form of a flood, the water reaches the sea as waste. The government should think of managing the rainwater showered by rain God. The cyclone should be moderate, not very strong, or weak.

Let us welcome Cyclones. "Puyal Maiyam Kondaal, Mazhai Mannil Vundu" A Tamil song, means - If the cyclone is centered, we are sure of having rain on the land.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments