You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

India vs Australia T20 series 2020 - enjoy highlights and live score updates

With just one win from the ODI series, the Men in Blue have started their campaign Down Under in the T20 series.

At the time of this post, India lost five wickets with fewer than 100 runs on their Scoreboard. While Rahul opened well, the captain and Shikar Dhawan fell cheaply, as also Manish Pandey. Sanju Samson also did not last long.

Are we looking once again to Hardik and Jadeja to help post a good total to defend? Do you think India will even reach at least 125? Can our bowlers defend a low score against their strong opponents?
    Increasing the runs by 60 and loosing two more wickets with a current run rate of 7.79. Does this show that India is going to put up a good score? Having been covered with 19.2 overs and Jadeja at 43 runs out of 22 balls.
    Lead the leader

India made 161 runs in 20 overs by losing 7 wickets. K L Rahul made 51 runs off 40 balls. One six and five 4s are there in his inning. Then Jadeja scored 44 runs off 21 balls. He is not out. One six and five 4s are there in his inning. As off now Australia is on 75 for the loss of 3 wickets. 2 wickets to Chahal and one wicket to Natarajan. Initially, they scored very fast but now there is a slowdown. As of now, both the teams are having equal chances of winning. Let us see how the match will end. I wish India should emerge victoriously.
    drrao
    always confident

India did it. They won the match with 11 runs. Bowlers did a fantastic job. Their final score is 150 for 7. Natarajan did an excellent job. His final tally is 4 overs, 3 wickets and 30 runs. As Jadeja injured, Chahal has come in as a last-minute substitute and he did an excellent job. His final tally is 4 overs, 3 wickets and 25 runs. Deepak Chahar took one wicket and has given away 29 runs in his 4 overs. Natarajan has become the 7th Indian to pick three-plus wickets on T20I debut! Jadeja and Chahal, the real contributors in the match. Well done India. Keep it up and win the series. Man of the Match is Chahal.
    drrao
    always confident

It seems there was some controversy over Chahal coming in place of Jadeja and the Australian team coach Justin Langer was very displeased. While Jadeja had a hamstring injury, how come Chahal was brought in as a 'concussion substitute'?! He did get hit on his helmet towards the end of his batting stint, but was that a genuine reason to bring in Chahal as a substitute? Whatever it may be, team India has registered the first win in the three-match series. The next one is on 6th December and likely Chahal would be in the playing 11 and not the twelfth man!
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Today's match was unexpected for me at least. I Enjoyed India's bowling more than India's batting. Although Chahal joined the match in the second inning, he bowled like a game-changer and took 3 wickets. India should try to give better targets to Australia because luck does not work always. Now looking forward to the 2nd T20 on Sunday!
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

When India was batting, had put up a score of 161 with a loss of seven wickets, I assumed that we will loose the match. This twist was seen in fielding, managing to get all the seven wickets of Australian team without giving pave to raise the CRR.
    Lead the leader

In the second T20 today, India won the toss and decided to field first. A poor show by fielders allowed the Australians to put up a big score of 194 for the loss of five wickets. Mathew Wade coming in as the replacement captain for Finch scored a superb 58 off 32 balls. Steve Smith, as usual, showed his batting prowess with 46 runs off 38 balls. Other batsmen also played their role well towards the end and even ran three runs! Only Natrajan got any success, with two wickets and giving away just five runs in his four overs.

Now with the requirement of 9.7 runs per over, will the Men in Blue rise to the occasion? A captain's knock and Shikhar Dhawan in full flow would certainly make the task successful!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Australia played very well and the Indian bowlers and fielders failed this time. The target of 195 runs to win is quite difficult for India to achieve. Dhawan needs to score well this time. So, I am waiting for the second inning to start with my fingers crossed.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

At this moment India is 172 for 4 wickets. There are 10 balls and India has to score 23 runs. Iyer and Hardik are at the crease. These two should go strong and hit. Otherwise, chances for India to win are very less.,
    drrao
    always confident

Hurrah! We won the match and bagged the series as well. All the five batsmen who came to the crease by turn did a commendable job. With 14 runs required in the last over, Hardik hit two stupendous sixes and so there were still two balls left when we reached the target and crossed it. Even the 12 runs that Shreyas Iyer hit in just five balls, with one six and one four, were precious.

The scores were- Rahul 30, Dhawan 52, Kohli 40, Samson 15, Pandya 42 and Iyer 12. Looking forward to the third T20 on 8th December. Let's see if we make a whitewash and win that one as well.

Really a great match. Pandya won the man of the match award. I expected that they may give this to Natarajan. He bowled very well and gave 20 runs in 4 overs and took 2 wickets. But Pandya deserves it as he played extremely well and brought victory to our team. Congratulations India for winning T 20 series. Repeat the same performance in the coming test matches. All the best to Team India.
    drrao
    always confident

As India lost the World cup T20 at home from there onwards wherever they go they are winning T20 Series and other countries are touring India also winning against India. India also lost against Australia 2-0 in India(Paytm series) which is why in the previous post I wrote that I am only interested in how Australia will play the T-20 series. Australia has no Finch no Starc no Warner no Hazelwood all BBL players played in the match except a few players who played international matches but it will not be an excuse for Australia because they are playing on their Home Ground. I don't think in cricket winning a T-20 series has no place being proud or overwhelmed it's a flook game(Current Coach Ravishsastri Mumbaikar also said this)... Australia will Win the test Series with 3-1 or 4-0 its my bet.
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.