You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Forum thread challenge Contest - Registrations invited!

As a part of the ongoing Contest series announced in this thread, we are inviting registrations for participating in the Forum Thread Challenge Contest to be announced on 15th Dec'20.

The basic features of this contest are as under:

1. The contest would start on 15th Dec'20. A member other than the registered members for the contest would start the game.

2. Based on the No. of registrations received, every participant would be allowed to post a thread on a particular slot.

3. The guest author would post a thread on 15th Dec'20 before 12.00 at night and challenge one of the members registered for the contest giving him a one-word topic or any topic of his choice.
    In case, no topic is given by the challenger, the challengee can post a thread on a topic of hiw own. He should post his thread before 12.00 at night on 16th Dec'20 and nominate another registered member with a topic and the chain continues like this.

4. The time frame is fixed i.e., before 12 O'clock in the night of each day to enable those who are busy with their work in the daytime to participate in the contest. It is not the criterion to measure the 24 hours time from the posting time of the thread.

5. If the registered member failed to post a thread within the stipulated time, his entry would not be considered for the main reward but enhanced points and c.c would be given provided it was posted before 1 A.M (a delay of one hour only would be considered). In case of further delay or failure of responding to the challenge, the contest organizer would post a thread and nominate one of the remaining unchallenged registered members of the contest to avoid the break-up of the chain. Of course, the Contest Organiser would not receive any type of reward for his thread.

The closing time for registration: 7.30 A.M on 15th Dec '20. (Updated)
    Any queries may be posted in this thread itself. The details of Prizes would be mentioned in the Announcement thread.

The registrations are open now and please go ahead!
    Member SuN is ready.
    No life without Sun

I am also interested in participating in this challenge. I request the concerned editor to consider my name also.
    What I understand is if my name is referred I have to post a thread on the topic given. In the same thread, I have to nominate another participant and I have to suggest a topic. I request the editor to correct me if I am not correct. All rules and regulations of the contest are to be followed without fail.

drrao
    always confident

I am interested in the contest. Pls consider my name too.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

I want to register for the contest. Please count me in.

I am also interested for this contest.

I am interested to join this contest
    Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

I am also interested to participate in this forum thread challenge contest and count me in. What I understand is we have to keep a watch daily in the contest thread when it starts, as any registered participant can be asked to post a thread on the given topic. So, sequence is not fixed. I hope I have understood it correctly.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Dr Srinivasa Rao and Neeru Bhatt, you got it right. Just go through the rule at 03 again.
    'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
    Lao Tzu

Dear Editor,
    "one-word topic or any topic of his choice." - is not understood. Please clarify.

No life without Sun

Sun, it simply means a topic of your choice. It can be a word or a sentence or a proverb or anything of that sort. The point is that the challenge must be related to your thread. Hope the confusion is cleared.
    'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
    Lao Tzu

It is not mentioned earlier in the summary that the challenge word must be related to the thread we post.
    All participants should note this point and comply with.

No life without Sun

I want to take part in this competition. Would you please register my name also?
    Sobha Wilson
    Lighted to Lighten

I want to participate in this contest. Please consider my name.

This appears a new type of contest and also appears challenging as we have to submit our write up within a day. I am also interested and request the organiser to include my name also for this contest.
    Knowledge is power.

As of now the following members have registered their names for the contest:

1. Sun
    2. Dr.N V Srinivasa Rao
    3. Sanjeev Gupta
    4. Dr. Deepali Gangwar
    5. Sanchita Ranjan
    6. Phagu Mahato
    7. Neeru Bhatt
    8. Shobha Wilson
    9. Reena Upadhyaya
    10. Umesh

Regards,
    Jagdish

The time to register your name for the contest is extended for a short duration i.e from 6 P.M to 8 P.M today anticipating the participation of other active members including Editors.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Kindly register my name for the contest.
    shampasaid

I want to register myself for this contest. Please count me in.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I am late to see this thread. I admit. Regret.
    In case the deadline for registration is extended, then my name may be taken for registration.

To give a fair chance to all, it is decided to extend the time limit up to 7.30 AM on 15th Dec'20. The Contest announcement would be made after 8.30 A.M tomorrow.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

The registrations are now closed and the final list of participants in the contest would be as follows:

1. Sun
    2. Dr.N V Srinivasa Rao
    3. Sanjeev Gupta
    4. Dr. Deepali Gangwar
    5. Sanchita Ranjan
    6. Phagu Mahato
    7. Neeru Bhatt
    8. Shobha Wilson
    9. Reena Upadhyaya
    10. Umesh
    11. Shampa Sadhya
    12. Padmini
    13. Venkiteswaran

Regards,
    Jagdish

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.