You must Sign In to post a response.
Love cricket Test matches and going to be glued to the India-Australia series starting tomorrow? Join in with your own predictions on how the match will play out with our exclusive MAPs!
  • Category: Cricket

India vs Australia Test Series 2020 - Adelaide Test - MAP 1

Tomorrow begins one of the most exciting competitions Down Under - the India-Australia Test series. Over a span of five days, from 17th to 21st, a unique format also will be played out at Adelaide, namely a day-night Test match with a pink cherry. Surely cricketing fans will be tuned in to TV sets and online streaming platforms at 9.30 a.m. tomorrow, and in the meanwhile let's play our Make A Prediction (MAP) game on our very own 22-yard forum strip!

What you have to do: In a response to this thread, simply list the predictions to the questions asked (do not repeat the questions).

What you will get: Re.1/- and one point for accurate predictions, with no negative marking for inaccurate predictions. If you participate in all four MAPs, across all the 4 Test matches, then you will be eligible for a small cash prize as per the points tallied at the end of the four MAPs. If you participate in only one or only two or only three of the MAPs, then you will not be eligible for the cash prize.

India-Australia Adelaide Test 1 - MAP-1:
    1. Which team will field first?
    2. Who will open the batting for India?
    3. Will Steve Smith score at least one century (in either of the innings)?
    4. Will Bumrah take more than five wickets totally?
    5. Will Nathan Lyon take the most wickets out of all the bowlers for his team? - Yes/No
    6. Name one fielder (other than the wicketkeeper) from either team who will take the most catches totally (both the innings to be considered).
    7. Will there be a follow-on (for either team)? - Yes/No.
    8. Will this match end in a draw? - Yes/No.

Closing time: Midnight tonight (IST).

Important note: Your responses will be locked as soon as you submit your predictions and you will not be able to use the Edit button to make any changes. Hence, be very sure before you submit your list.
    My predictions are as follows:
    1. Australia
    2. K L Rahul and Mayank Agarwal
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

drrao
    always confident

My Predictions:

1. India
    2. Prithvi Shaw and Mayank Aggarwal
    3. No
    4. No
    5, No
    6. Ajinkya Rahane
    7. No
    8. No

My predictions
    1. India
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5, No
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

What I predict MAP 1

1. Australia
    2. Prithvi shaw and Mayank Aggarwal
    3. No
    4. No.
    5. No
    6. Ravinder Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

No life without Sun

1. India
    2. Mayank Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Virat Kohli
    7. No
    8. No

shampasaid

Here is my predictions -

1. India
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Ravinder Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

My predictions for the MAP-1 :
    1. Australia.
    2. K L Rahul and Mayank Agarwal.
    3. No.
    4. No.
    5. No.
    6. Ajinkya Rahane.
    7. No.
    8. No.

Knowledge is power.

My prediction:
    1.Australia.
    2. K L Rahul and Mayank
    Agrawal
    3. No.
    4. Yes.
    5. No.
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No.
    8. No.

My predictions for the MAP-1 as mentioned below:
    1. Australia.
    3. Yes
    4. No.
    5. No.
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No.
    8. No.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My predictions are as follows:
    1.India
    2..Prithvi Shaw and Mayank Aggarwal
    3.Yes
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Virat Kohli
    7. No
    8. No

My Prediction :
    1. India
    2. KL Rahul and Mayank Aggarwal
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

My predictions for the MAP-1 as mentioned below:
    1. Australia
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

My predictions for MAP -1 is:
    1. India
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Ravindra Jadeja
    7. No
    8. No

Lead the leader

Before I close this thread, I should mention here what I have stated a few times earlier - do not follow the herd.

#2 was a trick question, referring only to the very first batsman who would start the innings for India. It was not stated as 'opening pair' or 'the opening batsmen', so only one name was required. Everyone simply followed the first responder without applying their mind. Think back, too, on previous cricket MAPs, which required only a single answer/name.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

The result of MAP-1-
    1. Australia
    2. Prithvi Shaw
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Marcus Labuschagne too two catches each, so if any of these fielders have been mentioned, you get the point and cc.
    7. No
    8. No

It was not too difficult a MAP I think, but I am quite impressed with the predictions! Well done, Umesh for getting 7 predictions accurately.

For every MAP, I request the participants to check for themselves the result of the Test match. Do not assume that what I have stated is correct. You can point out mistakes if any, so then I will check again and rectify the points and cc.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

It is only some good luck and chance that my guesswork clicked in this case as will be more clearly known and will also be evident in the coming MAP contests. The reason why I am telling this is that cricket is not my favourite game and I am having very mediocre information and data about it so even in that situation if I get a good score then I have to attribute it to good luck only. Anyway, it was interesting to participate in this.
    Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.