You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why some people regret so much?

I have seen some people regretting too much. If something happens which has not gone in the expected way then they start telling that it would had been better if they would had done the things in some different way. Then they will go on repenting on that failure and regret for doing that mistake in their decision or work process. It takes a few days for them to come out from that spell of failure. Whenever a setback or unfavourable result comes, they start making a noise about that and become perturbed for quite some time. Why it happens that those people are not able to accept those things as a part and parcel of our lives where we cannot have success or good result all the times. Why to weep on that for such long times. What we would gain from that? Please give your views and response.
    Regretting the mistakes committed is Ok. That will make him understand his faults and it will give a chance to them to learn from their mistakes. But go on regretting without making any efforts to come out of the problem is of no use. A wise man will regret his mistakes and start working in such a way he can make up the losses because of his mistakes to a maximum extent if not full.
    If we attend an interview and if we are not successful we will regret it. But there we should not stop. We should analyse the whole situation and we should do the SWOT analysis and try to work out on our weaknesses so that we will be successful in the next interview that we are going to face. That is how we can learn from our failures and improve our efficiencies.
    I have seen some people who never regret their failures. Instead, they try to throw the blame on somebody else and continue their attitude. That is never good for the organisation or for the family.

drrao
    always confident

There are two things. One is intentional and the other is unintentional/accidental. If someone commits a mistake by default, they won't worry a lot. But a person who commits a mistake intentionally, knowing that it would not help them, they regret a lot for their mistakes.
    No life without Sun

When mistakes happen in our lives then it is natural that we feel bad about it and later we repent also on that. So regretting or repenting are common traits in our lives and being human it is considered a normal presentation of our feelings in that particular way. Sometimes some people who may be more emotional or sentimental might take these failures seriously and ponder over them for a long time and also remain disturbed for a long time. This is not a healthy trend because we have to be very practical in our lives and forget the past things after a little introspection and then we have to move ahead. That is the way of life.
    Knowledge is power.

Introspection of one's mistake is a healthy activity if outcome of any planning or act comes negative but making hue and cry exposes a person's weakness. However, it's natural to come in mind "If I had not done it I would not have seen this result or if I had taken this step I would have succeeded" this type of notions are begin ti disturb our mind, but if we take a lesson from our mistakes and are determined to try again instead of crying over failure gives new hope of success.

There will be no person around us who has never made a mistake. We only learn from mistakes, so it is better to curse and repent for mistakes than to correct those mistakes and never repeat them again. How many times do we regret our mistakes and think that if we had another chance, we would not have made that mistake again? To regret means to feel deep sorrow or pain thinking that I should not have done this or that I should have done so. It can also mean repenting, remembering your mistake, and crying. We all have sometimes done things in life that we still regret and think that we wish we could go back in time and make some other decision. Some people have made big mistakes or committed serious sins in life. Others have not committed any major sin, but they get upset thinking that the decisions they took in the past were right or not.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Accepting the failure is a healthy process and to some extent, repentance for the bad work is not uncommon. However, if it is in the repetitive in nature, this will ultimately affect their next jobs. Instead of repentance, they can organise a session to analyse the factors due to which there was a miserable failure. Such an analysis is essential to take care of the points which may turn out the weak points ultimately. But such a session should be short enlisting all the vulnerable points needing special attention to plug loopholes so as to get success. We should not be unnecessarily sentimental for our failures but should look forward to opportunities for the better management of our work.

• Sign In to post your comments