You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

New to the platform - need guidance with article posting

Hi, I have recently joined this platform and need to understand how to start contributing with my articles and where exactly do we get the topics on which articles need to be written.

Looking forward to your support.
    Thanks.

Sneha Utkarsha,

Welcome to our ISC family. Glad to know you wish to contribute articles, as this is a vital section of our site. At the outset, note that, unlike in earlier years, we are now moving towards the new niche on academics . Hence we would prefer authors to focus on articles related to admissions, courses, career paths, educational institutions, entrance exams, and the like. Avoid topics on tackling health issues, financial investments, recipes, book reviews, and other non-academic topics. A few general topics such as those related to current news may be allowed but will be given only points and no cash credits. In case of any doubts related to a topic or anything else at all related to ISC policies and guidelines, you can raise a forum thread on it and others will clarify and guide you.

I would advise you to go through already approved articles and see how they are neatly presented with headings and points placed within HTML tags and know about some writing tips. As for where to get a topic from, I have a very simple source - the newspaper! You can also look out for an idea for an article through the forum discussions, our Ask Expert section, and even just check out the category headings of the articles' section.

It would be a good idea, though, to first participate in forum discussions, which helps in working on content writing, in addition to sort of getting a general atmospheric feel of our site and establishing a rapport with all of us here.

Do go through-
    1. Sectionwise FAQs and Guidelines
    2. Posting Limits
    3. Help Topics
    4. unique features of ISC .

Don't miss out on our monthly schedule of reward programs to win some prizes through our contests that are in addition to our Ongoing Awards and Rewards in IndiaStudyChannel.com.

Wishing you an enjoyable experience with us!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Sneha Utkarsha, warm welcome to this happening educational site which has developed leap and bounds over the period of time and the reason being the new members like you has been contributing with different thoughts and that makes this channel more vibrant and keep going. Coming to the matter of what topic should be chosen and how to create a impressive article. There cannot be a tutorial for this because everyone has own idea and we perceive the matter in our own angle and thus that thought process can be penned down as an article of far reaching quality because the idea was own, the words are own and the connectivity to the topic was churned out with own thoughts. The topic can be on any subject to which you are well connected because article need to be elaborate with reasoning and the matter should be useful and understandable to the target students to which is ultimately dedicated.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sneha, welcome to this great educational portal and as you have shown interest for article writing, I will suggest to please go through some of the approved articles here and see their content, presentation style, length, topic and such things from which you will have an idea for writing something of that level only if you want that your articles are also approved and published. So make the published articles your benchmark and proceed accordingly. You will find at the top of the article some points allocated to it. Generally they will be in the range 10 to 100 from which you can make out the relative merit of those articles. A score of 10 means an ordinary article just at the boundary of getting approved while a score of 100 means a very good article. Excellent articles can get a score of more than 100 also. So this is a very congenial place for the writers and slowly you will feel a homely atmosphere here which is very rare in any other site.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Thank you Vandana, K Mohan and Neha for the guidance and support. I will try to contribute with good writeups which prove useful to the forums here. I am glad to be connected with such a helpful and constructive platform.

Sneha, a hearty welcome to this educational portal and if you have an interest in creative writing and you also want to improve and learn then you are at the right place and I would say without any hesitation that right now this is one best portal in our country for that particular purpose.
    The most interesting thing is which you will find during your journey in this portal that there are various sections where you can contribute. You can improve the information about schools, colleges, universities etc, you can post new information, you can write about the courses and admission procedures, and many such things in addition to simply writing an article on educational matters or taking part in the contests which are organised one by one and right now today itself one ebook writing contest in announced in the forum section.
    So, please contribute and for all your contributions you will earn some points as well as sometimes some cash points also. But that is a secondary thing as that would automatically follow to your sincere efforts in this site. So stay here for a longer time and reap the benefits. All the best.

Knowledge is power.

A hearty welcome to you on to this platform. You received good suggestions from the members and the Managing Editor and now I think you can go ahead and start participating actively. I wish you a long and fruitful journey to you on this site. All the best to you.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.