You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

In today's match is Shami a retired out or retired hurt?

In today's match between Australia vs India(Pink ball day and Night) as Cummins bowled one bouncer to Shami as it got hurt on Shamis's hand hence, Shami can't hold his bat. In Cricketing terms, a retired hurt person can come out and play the match now there is a new rule that only for concussion(who hit on the head) will replace a player by the player but today Shami was the last player to play the game but there are no other players after him to play. In this Situation Is Shami a retired hurt or retired out? What is your take on this?
    As far as I am concerned I feel he is not out. He is retired hurt only. But there is no other player to come and play after him and he can't continue batting, the Indian inning was over. But the scorecard is showing that he is out. Anyhow it makes no difference in the end result.
    drrao
    always confident

Even I feel that he is retired hurt and not retired out. In cricket the umpiring has become controversial in some matches and this one would also goes into such annals.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.