You must Sign In to post a response.
Whether or not you participated in our previous e-Book contests, it doesn't matter. Do not fret, either, about writing skills. Just register for this special year-end e-book and have fun!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Christmas-New Year E-Book Contest - registrations invited

It's that time of the year when Christmas beckons and we look forward to welcoming a new year. Let's wind down 2020, then, and welcome 2021 with an interesting E-Book. The contest announcement with the theme, instructions and rules, and prizes will be put up later. For now, simply post a response to this thread to express your interest in participating. Note that you must be 100% sure that you will be available to participate when your turn comes to write a chapter, the chapter to be submitted within 24hrs. of the previous one, otherwise, the e-book may go off-track.

Let me know if participants would like to have the challenge of being instructed which elements to put in their chapter, or they would like to develop the story in their own way.

We expect at least 10 participants and may close the registration at any time after a few more registrations after that have come in.
    I am interested. Add my name to this ebook contest.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

I am also interested. Please count me in.

I would like to write an e-book chapter.
    No life without Sun

I am interested in participating in the contest and hence I request the organiser to include my name also in the list of participants.
    I feel it is better if the organiser instructs some elements to the writers so that the e-book will develop in the way she plans. Anyhow the organiser can make her own decision on this matter.

drrao
    always confident

I am interested to participate in the contest as I always like to be the part of e book writing contest.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Please count me in as one of the writers for the writing a chapter of this ebook during the coming Christmas and new year eve.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Vandana Mam it is okay if you put some elements in the chapters so as to make it a bit tough . Elements should not be like you put in the last contest. It should be a bit difficult than the previous contest.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

I am also interested in the Christmas-New Year E-Book Contest. Please count me in.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Kindly register my name.

Vandana Ma'am,

If you give some elements to the writers to add in their chapter, then it becomes a challenge which makes the contest interesting. So, I would prefer that you to add some challenge.

shampasaid

I am also interested in writing a chapter of this ebook and want to participate in this contest. Please include my name for this activity.
    Knowledge is power.

I am interested in participating in this contest.

I want to participate in the contest. Please count me in.

Now that we have 11 members ready with their writing instruments, here's the twist- anyone who registers after the time of the contest announcement will be permitted to write a chapter and get points and cc if eligible (as per the quality of the content), but will not be eligible for any of the main prizes as they then know the theme and the challenge in advance, prior to registration.

For this ebook, instead of the usual 24 hours, authors will get 25 hours (since 25th is Christmas Day).

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

The authors will submit their chapters in the same order as the registration-
    1. Malini
    2. Dr Deepali
    3. Sun
    4. Dr Rao
    5. Sanjeev Gupta
    6. Neeru Bhatt
    7. Swati Sharma
    8. Shampa Sadhya
    9. Umesh
    10. Sneha Utkarsha
    11. Reena Upadhya

As the early birds to register, the first three will each have the advantage of being permitted to write 50 extra words over the maximum limit of words.

Note: All queries related to the contest should be put in this thread only and not in the main contest thread, otherwise, there will be needless chaos in that thread.

The contest has been announced at 7.36 p.m.: The Christmas Holiday Train.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I am interested as well. Well, I have never been a part of something like this but would love to try.

Divya Bajaj,

Happy to know that you are interested. You will write Chapter 12. However, as stated in response #718525, you will not be eligible for the main prizes.

Registrations will close at 5 p.m. today.

We've reached the halfway mark, and we are happy to see the quick submissions.

Madam Vandana,
    The fast-moving Christmas holiday train has slowed down. Sampha Sathya has posted her chapter at 1949 hrs yesterday. More than 17 hours passed. You haven't provided an element to the next chapter writer.

No life without Sun

I am very curious. Why the Christmas Holiday train is not moving forward? It is more than 40 hrs after the last chapter was posted. Madam Vandana did not come up with her new elements for the new chapter. Why? The train has almost stopped. Why? What happened to Madam Vandana? The next chapter writers are also silent, why?
    No life without Sun

Sun,

Thanks for the reminder. Will move the train forward.

The train halted at that station for quite some time, as scheduled of course. There were many activities also which were taken up by the passengers there. Finally it has commenced its return journey. Merry Christmas.
    Knowledge is power.

In case the last chapter is not submitted in time, I'll do something about it and ensure the e-book gets completed by tomorrow.

Madam, can the registered members get a chance to write the last chapter.

Or can a suprise writer be given a chance and other members be asked to identify that surprise writer like you organised in previous contest.

Sanjeev

– Mark Twain

Divya has not submitted the chapter in time. Now the next course of action will be decided by the Managing Editor. We have to wait for her decision now.
    drrao
    always confident

Sanjeev,

I have already initiated the necessary steps as per my assurance in response #719605. Everyone, please be patient. See the quote in my forum footer (smiling).

Vandana Ma'm,

I have submitted the last chapter. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity. I enjoy participating in E-Book contest. Thanks a lot once again.

shampasaid

Good, Shampa. Thanks for accepting my request to complete the e-book. I had initially approached Malini as the first writer, but she right away informed me that she could not do so as she was out of town, and hence I had to approach another author.

Sanjeev - at the start when I conceptualized this e-book, I had initially planned to have a guess the author chapter in-between somewhere or at the very end, but later decided against it as it would have got too prolonged a contest and I want to move on to some new ones.

A big thank you to all the participants. Well done! A jury panel will assess the entries and we'll try to announce the results within a week. Please refrain from raising threads related to this e-book. You may give your feedback in the winners' announcement thread.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.