The Christmas Holiday Train - E-book contestWe now begin our special E-book with those who registered for it writing one chapter each. In earlier e-books, we've had the story unfolding over a span of time, sometimes over some years. This time, the challenge for the authors is different. The story must be confined to a span of 48 hours and guess where…on a train!
Story theme: The Christmas Holiday Train.
What you have to do: Each author must submit their chapter within 25 hours of the time I give an element for you to include in the chapter. Everyone, including the first author, should be patient till I come online and put in my response. You can include conversations, interesting characters and objects, etc but no slang, short forms of words, or inappropriate language. The challenge is to allow the story to develop within the setting of a train over two days, ensuring that you get names of characters already mentioned correctly, and skillfully get the characters/story back on track. An author may even include something that may turn out to be a challenge to the next author.
1. Each chapter should be submitted in English only, including within it the element assigned to the author. This element can be incorporated in any manner and not necessarily exactly as it is. For example, if you are told to include a desk, it could be a desktop of a computer and not literally a work desk.
2. Minimum number of words: 300. Maximum number of words: 500.
3. Give a title of not more than five words to the chapter.
4. You are permitted to use the edit button to correct general English errors and typo but do not change the title or the core of the text.
1. Please submit the chapter in the exact order of the chapter numbers assigned to you in the registration thread. Your time of 25 hours will begin once I put a response, assigning the element to be included in your chapter.
2. Submit the content in such a way that the next author can pick up the story smoothly, and not present it in a manner that the chapter gives an end to the story much before the last author's chapter.
3. For any clarifications, you may submit a query in the registration thread. However, do not comment on any chapter. Feedback on the contest can be given later, when the winners are announced.
A winning chapter will get the author Rs.125/- (up to a maximum of three authors can win this prize). There will be no second prizes, but up to two consolation prizes of Rs.50 each may also be given. Other participants may get points and cc as per the quality of the content. Have a fun trip!
[Note: please do not consider the current pandemic-related scenario.]