You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

India vs Australia Test Series 2020 - Melbourne Test

The second of the four-Test matches between India and Australia begins on Saturday, with the red cherry back in play. A superb display of bowling with the pink cherry wreaked havoc on Team India in the second innings of the first Test match at Adelaide. Will the Cummins-Hazelwood combo again befuddle the batsmen? Or is that Team India will turn the tables on their opponents?

The more important query is who is going to be the opening pair when India comes to the crease and who will help steady the boat at no.4 should this pair return early to the pavilion. Will Rishabh Pant replace Saha? Will Jadeja or Mohammed Siraj find a place in the playing 11? Similarly, will there be changes in the Australian team?

Let's ponder over these and discuss the team's chances of levelling the series.

Also, can somebody tell me what is the IST time of the match for viewers in India?
    As per the information in the site insidesport the 2nd test (26 to 30 December, 2020) between India and Australia in Melbourne will start at 05:00 AM IST on 26th December.

India is going to make some changes in the team and with that let us hope that this match would be different from the earlier.

Knowledge is power.

Australia will be fielding the same XI, it was reported. But what are the changes India is making is to be confirmed. Rahane is the Captain for this test in the absence of Kohli and Rohit. Rahane is having a good record as a player in under 19 games. He is a reliable defensive player. How is going to handle the team and what will be his contribution to the team are the questions to be answered in the test. The match will start on 26th morning at 5 AM. I wish the Indian team all the best. A tough game ahead for them.
    drrao
    always confident

Thanks, Umesh for the information on the timing. By mistake I had thought the match was today; though in my mind I was aware that 26th was the date, for some befuddling reason I seemed to have confused the days.

Yes, let's hope there is some competitive play, and not a quick pack up like the earlier match!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Australia 2 and India 0 Boxing day test match result or a Draw because MCG pitches are not producing any results in the past. I want to see at least 4 days of Match in M..C.G
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

Today the Indian bowlers did well and the Indian Captain used them very precisely and Australia team is all out. Now the batsmen have to perform well and support their bowlers.
    There are many appreciations from many cricket pandits to the Indian Captain for his shrewd planning. The way he handled the whole situation on the first day is commendable. Hope he will continue same during the remaining 4 days of the match.

drrao
    always confident

Ajinkya Rahane's field placements are very good that is why they got the wickets at the crucial time and Smith's batting gets worse and worse as the Series goes on so as the others. Australia Batting should be improved they are hugely relying upon Smith and the much-overrated Labuschange...Cameron Green failed miserably. India ahead definitely in this match no doubt sensing a victory.....
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

It was pleasing to see a century from the Indian captain. I had, in fact, expected a century from Pujara. We should not be complacent, though, and consolidate the innings tomorrow. There is the on-off rain to consider as well, and weather might just be the spoilsport and force this Test to be a draw. Hope not!
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

So far India's performance on day 2 is good and the 104 not out score of Rahane is praise worthy. Let us see how our team progresses on day 3. Rains are the spoilsports but let us cross our fingers.
    Knowledge is power.

All my appreciations to the Indian Captian for leading from the front. His performance so far is very good in all the areas of the game. Bowling changes, field placements, batting order and his personal batting are excellent and I think India will put in more than 100 runs lead and give a good chance to the bowlers to show their talent again and restrict the runs of the other side in their second attempt. I wish all the best to the Indian team.
    drrao
    always confident

Rain should play a huge part if Australia wants to draw this Match. They have to pray for rain god... Otherwise, Australia will lose this match...

Congratulations India. The Indian team did very well. They won the test match with 8 wickets. The match is over in 2nd session of 4th day. As expected Indian Skipper is the player of the match. He is very successful in this test both as Skipper and batsman. He deserves all appreciations. His good gesture when he was run out in the first innings shown his character and discipline. I feel he is an asset for the Indian team. The debut batsman and bowler also did well and they helped the team in winning the match.
    drrao
    always confident

I was so thrilled on welcoming the morning with the happy news of our win! Now we should keep up the winning momentum and win the third match in the series to wrap it up as a series win. There are news reports that Rohit Sharma is joining the team tomorrow. Perhaps he will be the opener in the third Test to replace Mayank Agarwal. Also, it seems the third Test may be held in Melbourne itself due to the increase in Covid infections in Sydney.

Keep a watch out for our next MAP!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.