You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Vaikunta Ekadasi - The most important day to fasting

Today the Vaikunta Ekadasi is being celebrated across the big Vishnavite temples through which the God would be prayed and praised throught the North entrance signifying moksha to the devotees and normaly the people who fast on every Ekadesi days may miss some times but those who fast for this day is more auspicious and get all the benefits for whole year that is why this day has become most important day to fasting and the entire South India has been glued to the tv to watch the live telecast of celebrations being held at Sri Rangam Ranganadhar temple in TN.
    Today is a very auspicious day. Mukkoti Ekadasi. The Darshan in many Vaishnav temples will be arranged to the north gate. It is the belief of Hindus that today and tomorrow the doors for heaven are open and people who die today or tomorrow will get into heaven easily. Many people will go to the temples and have darshan. Fasting is a must on this day.
    I advise people not to take the risk of going to temple in these corona days and one can pray from their houses sitting in their pooja room. By going and standing in queues for Darshan is not good for you as well as for others also. I wish all the members of ISC a happy Vaikunta Ekadasi.
    The countries secularity is at its great strength today. Hindus are celebrating this festival and all Christians are celebrating Christmas happily. The entire country is celebrating both the events very peacefully. What more is required to say that India is a real secular country.

drrao
    always confident

All the elders of my house have a tradition of fasting on both Ekadashi of the month, but some Ekadashi is more special like it is today. In Margashirsha month, Shukla Paksha Ekadashi is observed as fasting for Mokshada Ekadashi. It is said that on this day only in Kurukshetra, Lord Krishna taught Arjuna to Shrimad Bhagwat Gita. It is believed in Hindu religious texts that by observing fast on this day and worshiping Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi lawfully and reciting the Vratakatha, all wishes of the fast are fulfilled and Lord Vishnu opens the door of Vaikuntha for them. The fast attain heaven.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

• Sign In to post your comments