You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why not the daily serials on tv be shown as movie at a stretch?

There are many good serials in Hindi and regional languages which stretch out to week after week with one episode daily and some times we want the climax scenes to be quick and finishing but the breaks in between and the stretching of serials by showing for just 22 minutes daily seems to be too less viewing pleasure for the ardent serial fans. Like movies, the serials should be clubbed with all the scenes daily episodes and make a movie out of it and that would be befitting to watch and the serial also gets the right recognition.
    Daily soaps and serials are called serials because they have lots of episodes. All these serials are stretched and they do it so that people may watch them daily because of the climax they leave at the end of the episode.

I don't think daily soaps can be converted in to movies as they are so slow and nothing like the movies have.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

It is an interesting post. Long back, I was very fond of seeing some TV serials and some of them continued for months together even up to a year or more. So that cannot be shown in one go as it would take 30-40 hours. Yes, short serials can be shown at one go. That might be possible. Another thing is the idea of serial is only to entertain person for a short time daily and then next day again he can see it in continuation.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I remember a Pakistani channel Zindagi where they used to show serials having very few episodes. They were really good serials not like which we have on Zee tv or star plus focusing on Saas bahu.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

The series that are being released nowadays are similar in that if you watch all the episodes together, it feels like a movie. But sometimes the series gets too long and in such a situation, the story may bore. It depends on the choice of the people, if I talk about my mother, she would love to watch only one episode in a day. probably because the serial has its own place and the movie has its own fun.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

I never watch serials on TV. So I don't know whether they can be made as movies and released. But the general opinion about the serials is not that good in many families I know. They popularise negative qualities like jealousy, hatred and deceiving nature etc. Such serials will teach negative thinking to the people. Many young people will never watch serials. But they will go to movies. So if these movies were seen by them, unnecessarily they will get infected with these negative qualities. So I feel it is not wise to make the movies and release them.
    drrao
    always confident

If serials are shown as movies then serials will lose their charm. It's not possible for Indian serials because the story of serials is written by episode to next episode whereas someone has mentioned about Pakistani serials. Their serials are based on a long story or a novel , so all episodes of any serial can be seen as a movie.
    Second reason is that money which these serial producer/channels earn by advertisement, they would not like to lose.

I don't watch idiot box.

• Sign In to post your comments