Note these points while posting Article responsesWe have been observing the trend for quite some time now and thought it would be better to put in a word to improve the quality of the responses to articles that we post. We already have a detailed guideline touching upon the various factors related to posting article responses but we doubt whether our members who post such responses are actually following the guidelines in letter and spirit.
For the sake of the members who regularly post responses and also for those who are interested, let me repeat a few points-
1. Your response must add value to the content meaning that the content you post must not be mere repetition or elaboration of the content in the article. It should be able to provide the reader with some additional information or must be able to clarify some points or doubts that you, as a reader, might feel is required to enhance the quality of the content. You need to understand that article responses are as important as the article itself.
2. Ensure that you read the article fully and understand the contents before you post a response. Only then would you be able to assess the contents in total and make up your mind as to what you should be posting.
3. Do not waste your time and effort if you find that a response similar to the one that you have planned has already been posted.
4. Avoid meaningless responses. It may be noted that meaningless/ irrelevant responses are liable to be deleted unless the editors find that it contains a few points that need to be retained.
5. Do not post your responses based on perceptions or hearsay. The facts you state must be authentic and accurate.
6. Do not put in extra efforts to elongate your responses by adding words or sentences unnecessarily. You need to understand that it is not the length but the quality of the content that matters.
7. Finally, do not post copied, spun or translated contents. We have noted that some members have developed the habit of posting contents translated from regional sources. Remember that by doing so you are cheating yourself as an author.
Members are requested to note these points in addition to the instructions already provided in the guidelines and adhere to the same seriously.