You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Star of the Decade award!! Here is the Winner

As you all are aware, we give away special prizes to members who have performed extraordinarily well during the previous year (wait for the announcement). We have several active contributors in ISC and we find it very difficult to handpick a couple of them since many of them do contribute equally well every year.

While many of our active members remain with us and stay active for many years, we have decided to give a special recognition to one person who has been very consistent and active with us, in different roles, for more than a decade! I am sure many of you can easily guess who it is. I wanted to give some time to you all to share your guess before I announce but considering the fact that it would be almost a cakewalk for most of you who have been closely associated with ISC, I decided otherwise.

I take this opportunity to acknowledge her contributions in making ISC what it is today. She is a valuable contributor to different sections, she is creative and comes up with ideas that can attract members and keep them glued to this site, she manages and leads our team of editors with elan displaying great qualities of leadership, she is diplomatic where she should be and is stern (even with me!) when she needs to be. She has been with us for more than a decade now and has always been a strong support and motivator to our members in general and the site in particular.

And the winner of this very special award is none other than Vandana, our favourite Managing Editor. The 'Star of the Decade award' is conferred on her keeping in mind her consistent and dedicated efforts to enrich, maintain and improve this site. This prestigious award comes with cash money of Rs 1,500/- but that is only a very small part of this big recognition to her.

I request our valuable members to please join me in congratulating the special award winner.
    Congratulations Vandana on winning the special star of the decade award. Your hard work and consistent support to all members with a super bowl of communication language has enriched me throughout my experience in this site. May your hands be filled with many more such deserving awards in this new year.
    Lead the leader

Congratulations Vandana ma'am on winning this most prestigious of awards in ISC. No one deserves it more than you and as Tony Sir has aptly mentioned, it was an easy guess for each one of us, that it could be none other than you. Ma'am, make the most of this momentous occasion. The New Year has sure begun on a very bright note for you. Hope, some of that brightness also shines upon the rest of us in ISC.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Congratulation Vandana ma'am! It is a well-deserved award. Undoubtedly, you are the best guide and mentor as well. Not only it is applicable for the newcomers or members but it's also applicable for the editors too. We are glad to be with you. Wish a bright future for ISC under your guidance. Moreover, another prestigious feather has been added to your crown at the very beginning of 2021.
    Regards,
    Chaitali

"Respect should be earned instead of demanding."

Congratulations Vandana Mam. You deserve this award. The way you create new contests here is praiseworthy. You always guide new members of the site. Apart from this you consistently participate in different sections of site is really makes you worth to win this award.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

This is really a very nice gesture on the part of ISC to honour a contributing member of such a level who has not only immensely contributed in this site but has also kept the team together for the overall objective of this online portal. I have witnessed her endurance and patience in many cases and she is one of the driving forces for many of us here. On this occasion, I congratulate her and also wish more such accolades and awards to her in the coming times.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations Madam. I still remember your guidance when I really knew nothing about the tags in articles or URL and so on. Today, I have around 540 articles in around 31 months and shall possibly cross 650 in 2021. I owe this success to your inspiration.

Hats off to you Madam.

Wow star of the decade and Vandana truly deserves this award for her endurance, abilities and above all retaining the members through her creative contest threads and thus keeping this site going and still going strong. She has taken the responsibilities from the webmaster and running the site by taking all along the editorial team and also managing the members complaints with more grit and determination. She has proved the lady power and leading the site from the front and this is the greatest recognition showered on her and thanks to our webmasterTony for this great gesture. I also take pride that she is the league of those old members who are giving their immense contributions for the site development and it feels pride that our site has been doing extremely well with new threads, new contests, new discussions and all going smoothly under her able guidance.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to Vandana for this outstanding Star of the Decade award and she truly deserves it and I also wish more honours and success in the coming times for her in this educational portal.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

A worthy award for a deserving member congratulations Vandana.

This is a real surprise and a memorable new year gift to the best suitable person in the ISC family. Vandana Ma'am truly deserves this. Whatever she does including contributing, guiding, managing the editor's team, motivating the new members, etc is far more than her actual responsibilities and it depicts her affection and love for the ISC family.
    Congratulations ma'am for this Star of the Decade award. May your association with the ISC goes longer and stronger.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

A big congratulations to Vandana ma'am. You do truly deserve this award. This consistency of ISC to churn out the best of contributions from members and even regularly recognising then is also commendable.

Again a very big congratulations!

Live before you leave.

Hearty congratulations Vandana ma'am on being conferred the very special 'Star of the Decade' award! Any award gains more value when it reaches the hands of the most deserving person and in that sense, this new award will now top the list of most coveted awards in ISC. Ma'am, wishing you many more such awards and looking forward to many more years of association with you, I wish you all the best!
    'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
    Lao Tzu

I am very happy to see Vandana madam receiving the Star of the Decade award and she completely deserves such a prestigious award without any semblance of doubt. Her proficiency in handling the site to reach greater heights year after year, her great capability to handle any issues with great ease, her innovative and creative ideas to keep the portal always active, her administrative skills to keep the whole ISC team flocking together, her proficiency in English and creating exceptional articles of a high standard are the hallmarks that make her special. I congratulate Vandana madam once again and I wish her to achieve many more such awards in the future.

Congratulations to Vandana ma'am for this award. You deserve this award for Active contribution and for helping members in their endeavour. You have been a great mentor and an amazing guide for members on ISC and improved this site what it is today. You're the star that scatters light around and spreads fragrance to its members. Congratulation for this award and God bless you, ma'am.

My heartiest congratulations to Vandana Mam for this award -Star of the decade.
    Undoubtedly, you are the Only person on ISC who deserve this prestigious award. Your contribution to ISC is great. The stature which you have achieved because of your extraordinary qualities as a writer and as a responsible managing editor this award (itself) having been conferred upon you is honoured

Congratulations to Vandana, Managing Editor for winning the prestigious award The Star of the Decade. No special mention needs to elaborate her contributions in ISC. Even a new member can understand the role she is playing on this site. None other than she deserves this award. I thank the webmaster for recognising her worth and conferring this award on her. She is doing an excellent job as the Managing Editor of the site. Her suggestions and guidance make many of the members educated. I wish and hope that she will continue her hard work in the coming years and receive many more feathers for her cap. All the best to her. I pray to God to give her good health.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations Vandana Mam, for winning star of the decade award. No one deserves it more than you. Your contribution to various sections and your role as a managing editor of this site cannot be described in words. Thank you for your support and guidance. Hope you continue to do that and win many more awards and rewards.

A right award to a right person on the New year day. Heartiest congratulations to our dear Managing Editor Vandana who really deserves this award. A wonderful hardworking lady who kept ISC busy through her sustained hard work, able administration and efficient leadership. May God bless her.
    No life without Sun

My hearty congratulations to Vandana for winning the star of the decade award. You are really a star in ISC. You are the only person who deserves this award in ISC. The selection is very correct. Wish you all the best.
    Sobha Wilson
    Lighted to Lighten

What a magical way to start the year! Thank you Tony Sir, for this gesture of appreciation. It means a lot to me and I am both humbled and honoured in equal measure to receive this very special Star Award.

It's not me alone, though, who has "enriched, maintained and improved this site", Sir. Any work is a collaborative venture and ISC is a superb example of it. We have together enriched the site through our contributions; been consistent in doing so, thereby maintaining it and ensuring that it has kept going in a competitive online world; and with timely suggestions have helped towards improving it. There is also excellent teamwork behind the scenes, a mutual understanding and cohesive bond between the editors and between the editors and the admin.

Just think about it - this ISC family lives in a virtual world and despite not having met (other than a few of us) we share something special. That something is what has established a beautiful fellowship of affection and camaraderie between us, no matter the off-and-on spats that get diffused soon by burying the hatchet (and our egos) and we move on. That fellowship, I like to believe, is strong enough to bring back alumni, some of whom have indeed returned, the affinity-pull gently bringing them back in. It is this affinity which establishes ISC as the real Star of the Decade (more than a decade actually!) May this entity continue to shine under the able administration of our Webmasters and let all of us continue to scatter stardust in the e-world.

Thank you all, for your beautiful wishes, affection and blessings. Today is a moment to cherish. Let's stick around to celebrate another decade with ISC and do be there, then, alongside me in 2031. Three cheers to ISC!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Congratulations Vandana Ma'am for winning the special star of the decade award. You truly deserve that reward as we all admire you for your contribution to ISC. I would like to wish you all the best for many more awards in the future too.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Congratulations to Vandana. "Star of the Decade" is an apt award for her contribution to the ISC. A deserving award to a deserving member.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Congratulations Vandana ma'am on winning this prestigious star of the decade award. You truly deserve this award and I wish that you will continue your work and win many more awards. Keep guiding us with your valuable suggestions. I wish you all the best.

It is always a nice gesture from any organisation to appreciate and reward loyalty and steadiness of its staff, clients, partners, facilitators, etc.
    I that light I see it as only proper that ISC has bestowed its 'Star of the Decade' Award to Vandana.

I congratulate Vandana on getting this deserving award.

Thank you, Swati, Dr Deepali, KVRR and Venkiteswaran for your wishes.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Congratulations Vandana mam for getting the Star of the decade winner. A truly deserving award for a deserving person. You have been always there in this website helping members and answering their queries. Being consistent for such a long time is a great achievement. I wish you all the best to continue your contributions at ISC in the upcoming years.
    Regards
    Rizwan

The cash reward to the winner of this very special award has been credited.
    'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
    Lao Tzu

Congratulations to Vandana madam on her conferring decade award, it is her meritorious award.

Thank you Syed Rizwan. I hope, too, to have the support of everyone in working towards this site's development as we move on.

Updating this response - Thank you, Ramachandran Pattabiraman. I think my response crossed with yours at the same time, so putting in my thanks here itself.

Hearty congratulations to you Vandana Ma'm. This is another feather in your cap. Keep it up and cherish your success. Everyone on this site has something to learn from you. You are truly a guide to all of us. May God bless you!
    shampasaid

Thank you, Shampa. I, too, have plenty to learn from others here.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.