COVID19 taught us very new things in our daily lives.
The importance of cleanliness is reestablished with the emergence of COVID19
People started practising some good habits which were taught earlier but neglected thinking that those practices are as waste. The following are my observations.
1. People hugging each other and shaking hands are reduced to a lot extent. People started wishing each other with folding both the hands keeping them together. Namaskaram has become a universal phenomenon.
2. People started cleaning their feet and hands when they come back home after completing their works outside. The important thing I noticed is that they are entering the house only after washing their feet.
3. Some people are changing their clothes as soon as they come home and wearing another dress before they eat or drink anything. This is a good old practice. But we all discontinued thinking that this is waste. But with the experience with COVID, many restarted the same.
4. Many people completely stopped eating anything outside. But slowly restarted eating out. But not like earlier. After March 2020, we have not even taken tea outside the house.
5. There is a good reduction in traffic and pollution levels came down. Even in cities also we see some crows and sparrows in the mornings on the trees.
6. Waste expenses are reduced. No eating out, no going for movies or tours etc. Entertainment only in the house with TV and Phones.
7. IT employees were fond of working from home before COVID. But now they are averse for it and waiting eagerly to go to the office.
8. Online cash transactions increased. Online purchases increased.
9. Contacting people online or conducting meetings online or talking over phone increased.
10. Lot of changes in the education system. Online teaching on the peak. Now we students with headphones, computer and smartphone always.
11. Many people went back to the villages from cities and IT people are working from their villages. This is giving rise a chance to IT companies to reduce their overheads and logistics expenses.
12. Many students who couldn't complete their 10th and 12th class completed their examinations and passed.
13. Travelling to long distance by own cars increased. Using taxis reduces.
14. People realised the importance of Nature and understand how they are inferior before Nature.
15. Cooperation among the people increased.
Like this, there are many changes I have seen.