You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why our PM took a hard core congressman as a role model?

Usually, a politician of a political party never praise or appreciate political party leaders of an opposition party. But interestingly our PM worships the hardcore great Congress leader of yesteryears and he constructed the World's tallest iron statue in memory of him in his own state. Actually, in their own party and in the RSS party there are great old warriors and heroes are there for them to worship. But if we take Pandit Nehru, he was a great scholar, a decent personality who guided independent India to industrialization and scientific path. But our PM and BJP never talk good about him but praises and worship Patel. what is the reason behind it? Is it the strategy of his party to carry the goodness of this leader along with their party?
    That speaks about the personality of our Prime Minister, I feel. He is more concerned about the individual who is a good patriot irrespective of his party. This is an indication that he loves the people who work for the Nation, He never sees whether the person belongs to his ideology or not.
    He feels that that particular congress leader of yesteryears did a good service to the Nation. His senior and Ex-PM Vajpayee always used to say that for a leader, the quality of loving his nation is more important than any other issue. Really the leader whom the PM took as his role model served the nation without any selfish nature.

drrao
    always confident

Our PM has a soft corner for all the persons who are having a nationalistic approach in their thinking and consider nation as the first priority. He himself is a personality like that. So, due to this inclination and attitude, everything else becomes secondary. Mr Patel was a perfect person conforming to those characteristics and that is why the name of Patel is given so much value and importance by the present PM and his team.
    Knowledge is power.

This is a very relevant act which has real good intentions as well as political scoring too.
    Though he was a Congress man Patel is considered as a strong leader all over India. He was seen by impartial people really as iron man. Hence Patel has respect from all over India irrespective of party loyalties. By erecting a statue for him, Modi has obtained the goodwill of people of Gujarat as both are sons of Gujarat. People outside Gujarat also would like this as Patel is considered the main person for enabling the unified India nation after Independence. His name becomes all the more relevant now when the anti-national interests are trying to bring out their dirty acts. The statue thus brings Patel's memories as a nostalgia and yearning for such a leader now.

So what I like Indira Gandhi for her determination and stern rule, I like NTR for having toppled Congress in just eight months of forming his TDP , I like Karunanidhi for his talking abilities and that does not mean that I am their staunch follower. I like them for particular traits in them and there ends the matter, Like wise PM Modi might have special liking for the grit and impressive personality of great Sardar Vallabhai Patel and being a Gujarathi there is nothing wrong to mean even the opposition person as the role model. For that matter Atal Behari Vajpayee got the best obituaries from the Congress than any other party leaders. It does not means Congress like Vajpayee. By the way in politics there is the no friend or enemy and that is ably proved by the PM who has erected the Liberty of strength statue of Sardar cutting across party lines
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is nothing but the affection towards a person from his own home state who spoke the same language as Modi. Also, Sardar Vallabhai Patel was a strong and bold leader, despite being a congressman. Modi has the reason to show his affection towards Patel. Mr. Modi might hate the Congress party, but not the good old leaders of that old party.
    No life without Sun

In June 1947, when Sardar Patel was suggested that India should be declared a Hindu state, with Hinduism as the official religion, Sardar Patel rejected the suggestion. Sardar Patel strongly endorsed Mahatmaji's vision for a Secular India, and said: "we must not forget that there are other minorities whose protection is our primary responsibility ".
    Sardar Patel banned the RSS after the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. In a letter to Shyama Prasad Mukherjee written on 18 July 1948, Sardar Patel said "as [a] result of the activities of these two bodies, particularly the former, an atmosphere was created in the country in which such a ghastly tragedy became possible. There is no doubt in my mind the extreme section of Hindu Mahasabha was involved in this conspiracy. The activities of the RSS constituted a clear threat to the existence of the Government and the State."

I read these views of Sardal Patel on Congress website.

• Sign In to post your comments