You must Sign In to post a response.
Did you board our special Christmas Holiday Train? Even if you missed it, don't miss this announcement! Toot-toot!
  • Category: Winners

The Christmas Holiday Train - E-book contest winners

An alert guard prevented the The Christmas Holiday Train from coming to a complete halt! There were a few unexpected occurrences as well, with two of the registered participants failing to board the train at their scheduled time. The train, nevertheless, chugged along the tracks and returned smoothly to its boarding point well in time. So the Railway authorities huddled together to decide who were the best travelling authors and, with the background chimes of Jingle Bells, announced the winners...

The first prize of Rs.125/- goes to DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao and Umesh. I think for both of you, this is the very first time you have won a creative writing contest and your first wins in an e-book one. Well done!

The consolation prize of Rs.50/- goes to Dr Deepali Gangwar and Sanjeev Gupta. You've both participated on earlier occasions and won prizes in creative writing contests. So keep participating!

Let's give a round of applause to not just the winners, but all the 10 participants who boarded the Christmas Holiday Train and made it a fun journey! A special thanks to Shampa for safely bringing the train to its end-point.

Toy Train

Just a closing thought - why didn't anyone think of a tunnel on the route and something happening when the train passed through it?!
    Hearty congrats to all the winners of Christmas Holiday train journey. The train departed in time, and reached its destination and returned safely to home station. I regret that some events did not get completed due to overlook of the writers, though I have mentioned it in the announcement thread. It would have been a fun to discuss that topic and arrive at a decision.

An incomplete story with a break in story line.

No life without Sun

I thank ISC for considering my contribution for the first prize. I remember I won once in the Christmas ebook writing. I think it was the second prize or a consolation prize. Anyhow, I am happy for the first prize.
    I congratulate all the other winners of the ebook contest. I hope and wish all the winners will continue their good work and win many more prizes in the coming days.
    The ebook writing contest went well and overall it is a happy and peaceful journey without any serious problems. A good contest and well-conducted.

drrao
    always confident

My congratulations to the winners of the first prize and the consolation prize of The Christmas Holiday Train - E-book contest and my best wishes to all the other participants. Well done everybody for making the journey happy and smooth for The Christmas Holiday Train.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I thank ISC for my award and at the same time congratulate the other winners in this contest. Though we had many earlier e-book contest but this went on very smoothly because of the element given before every chapter and we could not take some arbitrary bend and direction in the story. So, I must appreciate the efforts of the organising person in driving it in a streamline. I have participated in almost all the e-book contest during the last 4 years and I learned a great deal through this activity and will like to place my gratitude to ISC for providing this learning atmosphere.
    Knowledge is power.

Hearty congrats to two first prize winners of Christmas E book contest and also a word of appreciation for the consolation prize winner and all the entries were superb.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulation to all winners, your content for the story is very nice, and you deserve these rewards. I would like to wish you all the very best for many more rewards in the future.

Congratulations DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao and Mr. Umesh for winning the first prize in this creative writing contest. I also congratulate Dr. Deepali and Sanjeev Gupta for their consolation prizes in the same. Wish you may more prizes in such contests in the future.
    I like participating in creative writing contests but this time I could not due to some family reasons.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Thanks ISC for considering me for the prize. I also congratulate the first prize winner. E book writing contest is always interesting as one has to be creative and his/her write up should aligned with the previous author . I always like to participate in such contests and hope we will see much more such contests in future.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Congratulations to Dr.N.V. Srinivasa Rao and Mr. Umesh for winning the first prize in this creative writing contest. I also congratulate to consolation prizes winner. Indeed, all entries were very nice. I wish them all the best.

This was a very interesting writing contest and we all enjoyed in participating in it. Now the awards are declared and I also congratulate all the winners of this ebook contest. Well done and keep it up.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to Dr NV Srinivasa Rao and Umesh Sir for winning the first prize in this creative writing contest. I also congratulate Sanjeev Gupta for winning consolation prize . I am thankful to ISC for my prize also.

Congratulations for the winners. Happy for you.
    This is one of the memorable ebook contests that I had participated in ISC. I had participated in cuckoo clock, mannequins and previous year's Christmas special ebook, but this is the first time I got an opportunity to be a 1st chapter Author.

I can really feel the differences between the both.
    When my name was in the middle order, my imaginations take different turns after reading the chapters by members before me in the order.

Since I live in a different timezone, I wrongly calculated the time and posted late in one ebook contest.
    Also one time, there was a sudden change in the order because of someone's absence. My goodness, I was keep checking the post and made it right that time.

This time, I did not undergo any such stress and was happily following the flow of the ebook. All other participants too did well. My applause to my co contestants.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

As Vandana mam mentioned, she approached me for the last chapter. Since I was out of town and majorly in travel, I couldn't take up that opportunity.

I feel very bad for giving up on it. Else, I would have been the first and last chapter author of this ebook.
    Thank you Shampa, you did it well. It was a pleasant ending.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

All participants, including winners, have been given 10 points. Winners' awards will be credited to their profile accounts. Participants who did not follow rule #3 have also been given 10 points and 8 cc, and others have got cc as per the discussion of the jury panel.

Members are once again requested not to skim over rules and follow them to the T, otherwise you will lose out on winning one of the main prizes.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Hearty congratulations to Dr Rao and Umesh, the first prize winners and Dr Deepali and Sanjeev for the consolation prizes. A loud round of applause to all the members who boarded the train and made the journey smooth.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Hearty congratulations to the winners. I enjoyed participating in the contest. This time, writing chapter 8 of the e-book on time was painstaking for me as I was not keeping well. Somehow completed it without putting in much effort. After I recovered, I thought that I should have written in some other way to make it more interesting.

Vandana Ma'm,

I thank you very much for the opportunity you gave me to conclude the e-book. Though the journey was smooth, while reading the last chapter once again, I noticed that I made two silly grammatical errors. Although I use Grammarly, it did not point out the mistakes. How to edit them now? In place of the third-person singular verb, I used another verb form carelessly. Careless mistakes irritate me a lot.

Malini,

Thanks very much for your appreciating words.

shampasaid

I am glad to be a part of the thrilling journey. Every participant made sure that the characters of the story come alive. Thank you Vandana mam for organizing this contest. Congratulations to all the winners. Everyone has done an excellent job.

Shampa,

It is Ok. Some of the entries had more than one grammatical error. We prefer to let the text remain as it is.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.