You must Sign In to post a response.
We are ushering a year filled with hope for a better, healthier world. Here at ISC, we are looking forward with excitement towards making it an even more successful academic portal than it already is. Of course, there will be plenty of reward programs, too; but for now, it's time to award five of the several hard-working members with our ISC Star Award!
  • Category: Winners

2020 Star of the Year - five winners!

It gives me great honour and a feeling of happiness to make this announcement, of an award that stands head and shoulders above the rest of our awards. This prestigious award is none other than the Star of the Year Award, also generally referred to as the annual ISC Star Award.

Tony Sir recently said, "We have several active contributors in ISC and we find it very difficult to handpick a couple of them since many of them do contribute equally well every year."

So the exciting news is that, while in earlier years this award was conferred on two, three or four members, the Webmasters have agreed this year to reward five of those 'several' - hurrah!

Now, enough of chattering...here are the 5 ISC Stars of 2020-
    1. Dr. Deepali Gangwar

This PhD scholar loves contributing to our articles' section on topics related to – what else – PhD admission programs and research internships. Then there are her informative responses to Ask Expert queries and voicing her opinions in active GDs. Let's not forget her enthusiastic participation in creative contests as well. A well-established ISC star, no doubt!

2. K Mohan

His absence was immediately felt when he suddenly went off the radar and we gladly welcomed him back home. After all, not a day would go by without at least one thread from this forum ISC star and no discussion would be complete without at least one response from him. As winner #5 once stated, he has a remarkable knack of raising a topic for discussion out of just about thin air - that means anything, so perhaps we'll get a thread soon on thin air too!

3. Ravi Shankar

"Boost is the secret of my energy" – this brand could well use our own energetic veteran to endorse their product! Jobs, question papers, schools, colleges, even our new training institutes' section…phew...his indefatigable vigour leaves everyone else breathless. The younger lot will secretly be envying this particular ISC star's spirited vivacity.

4. Umesh

With a love for Physics and Maths, he made a few forays in the articles' section. His primary affection, though, is for our vibrant forum. An AE query will also not go unnoticed; in fact, most AE queries will have at least one answer from this ISC star. Just check out his mindboggling earnings from that section alone!

5. Venkiteswaran

Quality. This one word neatly sums up everything about the contributions made by this ISC star, not just in the past year but in all the years gone by. In fact, this veteran, like many long-term members, will be completing a decade with us soon. May his thoughtful forum responses and AE answers continue to provide useful guidance to one and all.

Take a bow, all of you Stars, to a thunderous round of applause from our ISC family. Congratulations!

The winners will each get a cash award of Rs 1200/-.
    Congratulations to all the winners. Really all the members selected did extremely well and they deserve the award. I wish and hope they will continue their good work and win many more prizes in the coming years. I wish them all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to all the 5 stars for winning the award of the year. Truly, your contribution has a remarkable impact on ISC on different sections and for new members, you stand inspiration. I'm looking forward to your contribution to learn valuable things. Congratulations and Keep it up.

My congratulations to all the Stars of the Year 2020. All of them remain active in various sections and their contributions are equally worthy. We learn a lot from their thought-provoking contributions and as guides, they are showing us the way to move ahead.

A big Thank You to all of the five winners and my best wishes for all of them.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congratulations to all the winner for winning star of the year award. All the member deserve this award. I wish them all the best.

My sincere thanks to ISC for giving me this prestigious star of the year award for the year 2020 and that left me baffled because at present Dr Rao and Umesh are leading in this forum and I am standing at the third place. Nevertheless the award was really amazed me and I could find this award after the hectic day in office and I was so tired that I want to retire to the bed. But somehow the ISC has been in my life for the past eleven years and even absenting one day would be like something missing in life. And my best wishes and congrats to all other winners who were equally famous in their respective sections and impressing us with their superlative performance.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My very sincere and heartiest congratulations to all the five stars receiving the 'Stars of the year award'. Indeed, all the five stars are the gems of ISC and deserve this award.
    No life without Sun

I congratulate all five stars of ISC. They deserve this prestigious award.
    Keep it up.

Congratulations to all the winners. All the above 5 members deserve to be the winners so rightly awarded by ISC. It's really motivating for other members .
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Congratulations to all the five shining stars of ISC for becoming the Star of the year2020. You all truly deserve this and hats off to the management who took the pain to select the 5 deserving members from a long list of so many active members.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Congratulation to all winners, all of you are valuable members of ISC. I respect your work and contribution to this site. Wish you all the very best for many more rewards in the future.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

My hearty congratulations to all the five winners of the Star of the year award for the year 2020. It is a good gesture from ISC to encourage ardent members of this site and reward them suitably.
    Regards
    Rizwan

I feel highly honoured and thank ISC for this annual star award bestowed on me. After my retirement in the year 2012 I started to contribute in various sites as my interests were very much varied and covering wide ranges. During that time I, while working in the internet stumbled upon this site and just went through it and found that there were many sections where my interests coincided. So, in 2016, that journey started and I could sustain it so long and hope to continue till my health and mental faculties cooperate with me. Though I am still working in other sites but the major differentiation that I could observe here in ISC as compared to all other sites is that here, there is a big learning potential as the environment is very conducive and encouraging. That is why I encourage the new members to go through the existing resource here and make that a benchmark for their work. Further, the involvement and interaction of the editors is something which is unique in this site.
    I also take this opportunity to congratulate all my fellow members who have also received this award and hope that they will be showcasing their best of creative potentials in this educational portal in times to come.

Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to all the five Star of the Year awardees. Great work done by you all. Every one of you is an inspiration for every other member of ISC. So keep on shining bright, high above everyone else.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Congratulations to all the twinkling stars of the year 2020. All five members Dr. Deepali Gangwar, Mohan, Ravi Shankar, Umesh, and Venkiteswaran have really put amazing efforts into their contributions to their interested areas of ISC. They became shining stars out of all because of their worthy contributions. I appreciate ISC management for recognizing and honoring these shining stars of ISC. I hope all of them continue their sincere efforts further in coming times too to make ISC scale greater heights.

On the occasion of announcement of these prestigious annual awards by ISC, I whole heartedly congratulate all these members for their amazing performance in this site and wish them al the best for their future endeavours.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I am thankful to the ISC for conferring the Star of the Year 2020 award. I also convey my best wishes to the other distinguished members who also won the Star of the Year 2020 award.

Hearty congratulations to the five ISC Stars of 2020! Great going Dr Deepali, Mohan, Ravi sir, Umesh and Venkiteswaran sir. Well done and keep up the good job with the same zeal and consistency. Hope these awards will inspire and motivate others too.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
    Lao Tzu

Many congratulations to K Mohan, Ravi Shankar sir, Umesh Sir and Venkiteswaran for winning the Star of the year award for the year 2020. I am also thankful to ISC for conferring this prestigious award to me. I also pay my thanks to all the members for their congratulatory messages.

Hearty congratulations to all the ISC Stars of 2020. Wish you all the best.
    Sobha Wilson
    Lighted to Lighten

Hearty congratulations to all the recipients of the coveted Star of the year award. Wishing you all many more success and do cherish the award.
    shampasaid

I congratulate Dr. Deepali Gangwar, K.Mohan, Ravi Shankar and Umesh who are selected and awarded as 2020 Star of the Year - winners. It is a good initiative from ISC to recognise and reward Quantity, quality, consistency and continuity. This will definitely enthuse and encourage otter members to continue and contribute more .

Frankly admitting, I am really happy and excited in being awarded the Star of the year 2020 award. I thank the ISC team/selectors for the same. This is the maximum quantum award I had received from ISC till now; it cannot be ignored .

I thank all members who had conveyed congratulatory messages here and wish they be the future award winners.

Congratulations to all the 5 2020 Star of the Year winners, Dr. Deepali Gangwar, K.Mohan, Ravi Shankar, Umesh and Venkiteswaranjifor your steady and continuous contribution in respective forums. Keep up the good work and keep on winning.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Hearty congratulations to each of the 5 stars of 2020 who shined by contributing to this site with all due respect. I appreciate their time, effort, and energy. Also, I wish them lots and lots of success this year.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.