You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy Vishwa Hindi Divas

World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Divas is being celebrated on this day that is January 10th. The first World Hindi Conference was conducted in 1975 in Nagpur, Maharashtra. Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, inaugurated this conference on this date. From that day onwards this day is celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of that conference as Vishwa Hindi Divas. The main aim of observing this day is to promote the Hindi language worldwide.

The word Hindi is a Persian word. Hind means the 'land of Indus River'. The language is derived from Sanskrit. The language is written in Devnagari script.

This language is spoken in different countries including Nepal, Bangladesh, Fiji, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago in addition to India.

I wish all the members of ISC a happy Vishwa Hindi Divas.
    Thanks for this informative post. Hindi is spoken in large part of India. The author has written that in some other countries Hindi is spoken too.

Nice reminder and information about the Hindi day by the author. Hindi is one of the prominent languages of our country and there is a day for it which is celebrated across the world. I also convey my good wishes to all on this day.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The first Hindi conference was conducted in Nagpur in 1975 but the first World Hindi day was celebrated in the year 2006 and since then it is a continuous celebration for increasing the awareness of Hindi language and Hindi learning throughout the world for the benefit of those people who have interest for learning Hindi. There are many scholars in the foreign countries who have interest in research in Indian culture and old Indian manuscripts. They are yearning for the knowledge in Hindi and Sanskrit as well and are availing some of the Govt schemes in this arena. I wish all the best for the growth of this language across the globe.
    Knowledge is power.

On this Vishwa Hindu diwas day my best wishes and congrats to all Indian who connect with the world through this language and Hindi is the most important and easy language which can picked up easily even by the children. This language is so easy because as one get to learn by keeping on talking with chaste Hindi and thus over th period of time the fluency is guarantied. And those opposing to this great language are denying themselves the great learning experience as most of Indians do converse in this language. And if you talk in Hindi fluently the course of actions to be taken would be continued and going.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A Nice and informative thread has been posted by the author. This is true that India is a country where many people from different cultures live together and all they have their own language. We love our regional language but at the same time, we respect all other languages from different areas. Hindi is a language which speaks by mostly North Indians, but its importance is finding in the whole country. I would like to give my wishes on this special national day for the country. Happy Hindi Diwas to all.

• Sign In to post your comments