You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

Let us greet our legendary singer KJ Yesudas on his birthday today

Members,
    Today is the 81st birthday of our great legendary singer KJ Yesudas (Kattasery Joseph Yesudas). He was born on 10th January 1940. He has sung in many Indian languages Malayalam, Tamil, Kannad, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Odissi, and also foreign languages English, Arabic and Russian. He is a singer-composer-director. He has sung over 50000 songs. He is an expert classic and Carnatic singer.

I met this singer in the year 1966 at Visakhapatnam when he performed a stage show along with singer Baby Sujata. He used to be in his white and whites including his shoes.

Let us wish him 'Many happy returns of the day'
    On his birthday my warm wishes to legendary Yesudas who's voice is mesmerizing and yet so different which can even suit to the likes of Hindi audience. His rendering in the film Chitchor was enjoying and even today his songs are being aired on television and radio. In Telugu also he has sung for the hero Mohan Babu and his all songs are super hit. And the songs from Sadma in Hindi was very moving and that has to be praised. He is also good at the devotional songs and his Bhajans on Lord Ayyappa and even on other Gods were super hit. He is the so humble and versatile singing legendary.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yesudas is a great singer. He is a Christian by religion but he sings Hindu devotional songs very nicely and he is very popular in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana also. He was facilitated by the great Telugu singer Sri SP Balu. In Hindi also he sang many songs and have many fans all over the country. I wish him many many happy returns of the day and I pray to God to give him a long and happy life.
    drrao
    always confident

Belated Birthday Greetings to the legendary singer Dr K.J. Yesudas who is the pride of all Malayalis, in particular. He has mesmerised the audience across the world, in different languages, with his heavenly voice and perfected diction. It is a matter of great pride and a blessing for him that the song 'Harivarasanam' which is played as a lullaby to Lord Aiyyappa before the Sanctum Sanctorum of the Holy Sabarimala closes every day is in his melodious voice. May he live for many more years to enrich our musical legacy.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Unfortunately, this great singer has been denied entry into Guruvayur temple, because of his Christianity. It is the adamant attitude of the Guruvayur temple authorities. He has sung a Malayalam song "Guruvayoorambala nadayil, Oru divasam njan pokum" (I will go to the Guruvayoor temple one day) anticipating that there will be a day when the doors of Guruvyur temple would be open for his entry to have a darshan of Lord Guruvayurappa. May it become true.

{Edited- Correct song added}

No life without Sun

I heard his Hindi songs. He is a great singer. I still like his songs. His voice is very deep in melody. I was not aware that he is a Christian.
    May he live long.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.