You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Happy Pongal to all my fellow ISCian

Happy Pongal to all. Let us celebrate Pongal festival today. Let this Pongal day bring joy, happiness and prosperity to all my fellow ISCian. Today is also Farmers' day to rejoice.
    Pongal greetings to all at ISC!
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

My best wishes to all the members of Pongal or Makar Sankranti.
    Today we are also celebrating Makar Sankranti here, Makar Sankranti is known by different names throughout the country. In North India, it is called Makar Sankranti, in some states of the Northeast, this day is known as Bihu, and in South India, this day is known as Pongal. Kite flying is organized on the day of Makar Sankranti and on this day, children and elders celebrate the Makar Sankranti by flying kites. Another special thing about Makar Sankranti has is that, it is very important to bathe with sesame on this day, apart from this, women make sweets of sesame also which is very healthy on cold days.

My best wishes to all the ISC members for the Harvest festival Sankranthi and may the good new agriculture produce bring more happiness and be bountiful in your homes.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Please post your greetings in this thread which was raised earlier.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.