You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Where to paste ad unit code in my posts?

I have approved adsense account through ISC. I want to show ad in the middle of the posts. I have article ad unit code created but I don't know where to paste that code in my pages. What would be the ad size of the first ad unit?
    Himanshuchouhan,

Please read this: Placement of AdSense Ads in your resources. As instructed in that announcement, be very careful where you place the ad units. Here are some examples to explain it-
    1. Do not put an ad unit near an internal link that you give to a course page or other pages of ISC or an external link to the official website.
    2. Do not put an ad unit just below the heading that you put with h2 or h3 tags, such as 'About XYZ College' or 'How to apply', etc.
    3. Do not put an ad unit where you stated 'check the guidelines' or 'click on this link to apply for admissions'.
    4. Do not break up a sentence and put the ad unit in-between.

As for where exactly in the article to place an ad unit, I have been following the guidance given by Tony Sir, placing the first ad unit after the first couple of paragraphs, the second one somewhere after 2-3 more paragraphs, and the last one before the last two paragraphs. Since in the case of an admissions' article I put an image of the print advt. or from the official brochure/website, I ensure the first ad unit then appears a bit later and nowhere near that image.

Which ad unit to place first, second, and last is entirely up to you. I generally put the 336x280 first, then the 300x250, and the 728x90 last. I may switch the placement of the first two sometimes, but for the last ad unit I always put the 728x90 one. Since I generally submit good-length articles, I use all three types, but if it is not that long an article, then I will not put the 728x90 one.

All authors who have an approved AdSense account should take advantage of this benefit given to us by the Webmasters as it does help to increase our earnings somewhat. Make the most of it!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank You for response. I want to know where to paste that ad code in my resources. Do I have to paste it in the inspect?

Himanshuchouhan,

You have to place the ad units in the text of the article itself (do not put any in the summary's text). So it is like this-

Intro paragraph
    Second paragraph
    --one line space--
    [first ad unit ]
    --one line space--
    Heading with h2 or h3 tags
    Third paragraph
    Fourth paragraph
    --one line space--
    [second ad unit]
    --one line space--
    Fifth paragraph
    Sixth paragraph
    Seventh paragraph
    --one line space--
    [third ad unit ]
    --one line space--
    Heading/Concluding paragraph

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Sign In to post your comments