Academic Conversation Contest- Participate and Win Prizes!Members,
It is time to tune your creativity! Here is an exciting contest for you all to build a unique academic conversation on any one of the given scenarios. Read and follow the rules of the academic conversation contest carefully. All members including editors are welcome to participate.
List of scenarios:
1. A conversation between the Principal and Canteen In-charge on a better menu.
2. A discussion between the HOD and a Student Chairman of any department association on hosting an interesting academic event or a contest at the national level technical symposium of the department.
3. A conversation between a Sports Coach and a Student on the health and nutrition in sports.
4. The Cultural Secretary of a College discussing with the Principal on inviting special guests to the inter-college cultural fest.
5. A conversation between a Hostel Warden and the Student Chairman of the Hostel Committee on the maintenance issues in the hostel.
6. A conversation between a Lab Assistant and a Student on the laboratory safety regulations.
What you have to do:
a. Submit your conversation on any one of the above-mentioned scenarios. You can select any scenario from the given list even if there are already conversations submitted on it by some other members.
b. The conversation setting should be offline. Do not come up with online meetings or the pandemic situation into your conversation.
c. No need to provide an introduction, start the conversation directly.
d. The Number of persons allowed in a conversation is 2-3 (not more than 3). You can give names to the people(but not compulsory) or just call by the designation( eg: Principal, HOD, etc)
e. The conversation should be in English only.
f. You can use formal or informal tone depending on the scenario but do not include indecent words, slang words, SMS language, short forms and double meaning dialogues. Conversation with differences of opinion and humour is permitted.
1. Only one entry per member is allowed. The entry should be in a proper conversation format as per the guidelines mentioned above and should be submitted as a response to this thread.
2. You must include one relevant internal link in your conversation. The relevant link can be given to any page of ISC (school/college/course/articles/AE query). Learn how to create a hyperlink.
3. There is no maximum or minimum word limit as such, but the conversation should be concise, to the point and not too lengthy, approx. 650-700 words.
4. Present an informative and realistic conversation by adding some unique aspects to the given scenario.
5. You can edit your entry only to correct the spelling, grammar, put an internal link, etc. Do not change the core content and conversational dialogues after the first submission.
6. Stick to the posting guidelines and general forum policies of ISC.
Scenario: (Mention the scenario you have selected from the above-mentioned list)
1. The best two entries will be given a cash prize of Rs.100/- along with a certificate of creativity.
2. The next best entry will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs. 75/-
3. Other suitable entries may be considered for additional points and cash, max. up to 25 points and 25 cc, depending upon the quality and adherence to guidelines.
Please do not post any unnecessary responses and comments in this thread other than for clearing any doubt related to this contest.
The last date to submit your entry for the academic conversation contest is 19th January 2021, midnight (IST). The entries that do not follow the guidelines and those submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Instead of coming up with a regular conversation, try to break the stereotypes, think out of the box and write a unique academic conversation.
All the best!
Update 18.01.2021: The closing date has been extended to 23rd January 2021, midnight (IST).