You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Opinions will differ from person to person

We, human beings, are having brains and we will have our own opinions on various issues. We will be experiencing it many times. Even on this platform different points will be discussed and members will express different opinions on the same issue. There is nothing wrong with this.

When we understand the viewpoint of others and if we feel that their point is much better than ours, we should be able to accept that and make the amendments required. If we practice this, the world will be a different place to live.

But how many of us will do that? Even though we know that the other person is correct, we try to defend ourselves. We will continue the argument and make the whole issue messed up/ Finally, a decision may not be arrived at?

I request the learned members of this forum to discuss their views on this.
    It is the fact that the opinions of many of us differ on many issues that does not mean we are in the confronting path. Why the opinions differ because we are within the frame work of accepted norms and already having the knowledge of the issue. But opinions should be with the reasoning and that should not contradict our own claims. Those who refute our claims, for that we should be ready with the reasoning and that would create the healthy discussion. Moreover we may side with our opinion and that does not mean we have the allegiance with the person or the organization and that is more important.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Having different opinion is not bad, but views should be logical which might convince opponents also. I often see views of people are just rubbish and where do they get such information from, it wonders me.
    I think we should not mould our views in accordance with any typical mindset or ideology. Illogical views or fallacious reasoning is not accepted by sane people.

Opinions can always differ even between the like minded people. What is important is to find out a middle path or compromise the issue for amicable settlement. Becoming stubborn on ones stand will not help as other party may also become adamant if the situation warrants so. I agree that this world would had been a good place if people had thoughts and ideas in that direction. Most of the problems in this world are due to the mismatch of opinions and adamancy of our behaviours. We must inculcate a habit of understanding others view also in the matter and should not sing our song only.
    Knowledge is power.

Every person has their own different thinking and the likes and dislikes of people are not always the same. This is very normal as everyone's lifestyle and the circumstances of their lives are different. There are more difficulties in the lives of some people, happiness in the lives of some people, some people have to take responsibility at a very young age. When every person lives a different life, then it is obvious everyone's opinion will be a different personality. In such a situation, it is wrong for us to think that the person in front of us agrees with everything. The opinions of two people cannot always be the same in every matter.

It is a fact that different people have different opinions and ideas about different problems and issues and no two people will have same set of understanding about any issue. In such a condition the conflict or confrontation would be there and people will fight among themselves to prove that they were right and others were wrong. But for reaching to some common solutions it is necessary to understand the viewpoints of others and ponder over it in an unbiased way and then come to a mutually agreed scenario about the issue and proceed ahead in an amicable way. That is the only way to progress ahead otherwise we would be fighting all our lives on the same issues day and night and remain in our place only without gaining anything in life.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

It is normal to have the different opinions of the people as we all think differently. And it's also normal that even when we are wrong and know that a person is having a right opinion we don't accept it and try to defend ourself by giving baseless excuses.

It's sad that we always think that we are right but forget that we are not always right sometimes we too can be wrong. Unless and untill we don't accept it we don't keep a scope for the betterment in ourself so we should not be egoistic and should understand others point of view also.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

That's quite natural and because of that, there are so many debates and discussions going on at random. Opinions vary when you explore various aspects of a particular issue. For a particular matter, I am thinking of one aspect and giving my opinion and the other person is thinking of another aspect of the matter and providing her/his opinion. Another person may explore many other aspects and therefore the opinion will vary. If we keep on thinking whatever I am thinking is correct then conflict will be there all the time. We need to understand completely what the other person is saying and then decide. Opinions will vary but there must be a proper explanation regarding that opinion.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• Sign In to post your comments