You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

We now need to talk very less everywhere!!

Attention span is the jargon used in the concept of listening. Talk to anyone in the 15 to 30 age group or even 10 to 15 age group, for more than six minutes at a stretch, and you can see a different body language. "Uncle, no more lectures please" is all that is sought to be conveyed. It is potentially very dangerous to understand what is going on. The young live in their own world and want to be untouched. Any conversation regarding anything general, like for example, how did one do his monthly online test, has to be limited to four minutes. No advice is ever welcomed, even within the close family as well. One gets labelled as "bore" almost immediately.

Why should this happen with so much regularity is something that 60 plus people do not easily understand. In a world where What's up and Facebook and Google are their worthy companions, human relationships are simply not required. Or so the young think. Let us accept this new reality and keep moving on. Unfortunately, even without their knowledge the wife or the husband and sometimes, even maternal uncles are following the same principle, even when they are not wedded to the cell phone.

So, God save us from the current reality where we learn to communicate far lesser than ever before.
    The author has raised an important topic. Today we all are facing this scenario where not only the young are indifferent to our preachings but even other people who are in different age brackets are having same attitude. So, there is a paradigm shift in the behaviour of the response of people towards preachings and moral teachings. The modern age is age of communication through digital devices. They will chat and message for hours with unknown people but would not listen to the near and dear for a few minutes. This is a peculiar situation and the trend is further deteriorating only.
    Knowledge is power.

This is nothing but communication gap between generations. Young generations don't want any interference in their person life and they are confident that they know the world much better than Old people. And it is true, by the way, but This bunch of experienced or old people don't want to accept this fact. They assume that they know this world better than these"children" but they are not children, they are young and responsible people.
    Have you ever heard Madonna, the great singer. - Papa don't prach..?

Papa I know you're going to be upset
    'Cause I was always your little girl
    But you should know by now
    I'm not a baby

You always taught me right from wrong
    I need your help, daddy please be strong
    I may be young at heart
    But I know what I'm saying

The one you warned me all about
    The one you said I could do without
    We're in an awful mess
    And I don't mean maybe, please

Papa don't preach I'm in trouble deep
    Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
    But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, hm
    I'm gonna keep my baby, hm

He says that he's going to marry me
    We can raise a little family
    Maybe we'll be all right
    It's a sacrifice

But my friends keep telling me to give it up
    Saying I'm too young, I oughta live it up
    What I need right now is some good advice, please

Papa…

True. There is no use of giving lectures hours together. There is nobody to hear you. Be precise and be short should be the way for these days. The young people are not ready to hear from you for long. They feel they have enough knowledge and expertise to manage the issues. If we start telling them, they will try to go away from there or they may try to divert the topic. That we should understand. Their facial feelings and body language will tell us their mood. Accordingly, we should mould ourselves. Otherwise, we will become unwanted stuff.
    drrao
    always confident

There has been a lot of changes in the attitudes of young generations because of their intolerance. They would like to hear more in case you prolong your teaching.They would prefer not to hear any lectures of the old generations. They have their own ways and they would like to the same trend which they followed earlier. If you talk regarding the importance of savings, not indulging with the fast foods, not attending five stars frequently, their response would be appear to be very shocking to you. They would say they know better which shoes are pinching them most and at which part. It should not be business of others to spell out the same.

• Sign In to post your comments