You must Sign In to post a response.
Is creativity your forte? No matter even if it isn't; you can participate in our easy Colour Pairs' Tri-Series contest and win a bumper prize! Here's the first of the series -
  • Category: Reward Programs

Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1: snap it, caption it

Creative writing is known as a narrative craft and many of you have been enthusiastically participating in our various creative writing contests. Now comes a three-part one, each with a different type of creativity to showcase, but all centred on one theme: Colour Pairs. That is, in each, you will be given one or more pairs of colours based on which you have to submit an entry. Make sure that you read all the instructions and rules very carefully otherwise you will miss out on the rewards! In each of the contests, there will be a range of points and cash credits, but no main prizes. Instead, the points you acquire for each one will be tallied at the end of the three contests, and bumper prizes of Rs.100/-, Rs. 75/- will be awarded to the top two winners (in case of a tie, same prize for each) and more prizes may be given if we get a good response. To avail of the bumper prizes, you must participate in all the three Colour Pairs' contests.

Colour Pairs – 1: In this contest, you have to upload a photo and give a caption for it. Each member can submit only one entry. You cannot change your entry; neither the photo, nor the caption, but are permitted to change spelling/grammar/typo in the caption.

The photo: It should be of anything with either of these colour pairs (not both) -
    Red & Green
    OR
    White & Brown

The caption: After uploading the photo, you have to give an appropriate caption for it.

Rules for the photo-
    1. The photo should be a current one (not previously taken) of something where you are currently residing. It need not be your own home; it can be a relative's place, a rental accommodation, a campus hostel room, even a hotel room, etc wherever you are right now.
    Note- If you have the date and time feature on your camera/smartphone, please use that to indicate it is a current photo. For those who do not have this feature on your gadgets, we will trust you are submitting a newly taken photo.

2. The photo should contain something of any one of the two colour pairs' options given above. It can be something that has both the colours in it or you can pair two related things that are each of one of the pair (see the example below).
    3. Do not submit photos of clothes, medicines, people and pets, or of anything that is very personal and private.
    4. The photo should be a self-taken one (not copied from any source), should be clear and must follow the image posting guidelines. Avoid too large photos and resize them appropriately.

Rules for the caption-
    1. The caption should be in English only and of one to a maximum of two sentences.
    2. The caption should mention the colour pair as a pair, not separately. For example, if you have chosen red & green, the caption should not have red in one sentence and green in another.

General instructions: Submit the photo and the caption in one response only. You do not need to explain what is in the photo. It should be such that the jury panel can realize for themselves what it is. Similarly, there is no need to explain the caption. The caption should be such that it brings out the essence of what is shown in the photo.

An example of how to submit your entry- Suppose you were given the pair 'black & white'. You can take a photo of an object that has both these colours in it, such as a pen which is partially black and partially white; or you can take a photo of a black pen in a white pen stand. Then, below it, put in the caption.

What we are looking for: A photo that depicts the colour pair in an unusual manner (the objects mentioned in the example above are the usual things) and a wonderful caption to go with it that creatively brings out what's in the photo.

The reward: Eight points are guaranteed to every participant for the photo. Cash credits ranging from 5 to maximum 10 will be given to the entry, based on the innovativeness of the photo and the quality of the caption in terms of relevance to the photo and uniqueness/creativity of the wording.

Closing date and time: 8th February 2021, midnight.
    My Entry to the Colour pair contest. (Red & Green)
    The Caption is -
    " Hot and Cold for Body Pleasure"

[Invalid caption]

No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

My Entry to the Color pair contest. (Red & White)
    The Caption is -
    "They are extreme in their colors and they are even quite extreme in their tastes".

[Invalid entry]

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest:

The caption for the image-

"Red & Green combination aptly enhances the bridal look."

[Invalid entry]

shampasaid

Delete Attachment

My entry for the Colour Pairs contest(Red & Green)
    The Caption for the given photo
    'The colors Red & Green are the smiles of nature'

Delete Attachment

My Entry to the color pair contest. (Brown and white)
    My caption for the photo is -
    'This pair of white and brown color is waiting for summer.'

Delete Attachment

My entry for Colour Pairs (White and Brown) contest.

Caption:
    White and Brown, my town at dawn.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Delete Attachment

Here is my entry for the Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1.

Caption -
    Winter in the park, in Red and Green.

[Invalid entry]

Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

My entry for Colour Pair's Tri Series Contest - 1: White and Brown

Caption: It is hard to crack to enjoy the taste of a good part.

[Invalid caption]

Delete Attachment

My entry to the contest: Yellow and green
    Caption: Yellow and green makes her happy

[Invalid entry]

drrao
    always confident

Delete Attachment

Here is my entry for the Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1.

Caption: Red rose is an expression of love and green colour leaves are symbols of health, hope and peace.

[Invalid entry]

Delete Attachment

My entry for the "Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1".
    Colour Pair: Red & Green

Caption: We are Red & Green, Sweet & Hot. Let's play salsa together.

Delete Attachment

I always tell my wife "Brown and white you are always ready to fight"

[Caption not relevant to the photo.]

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Delete Attachment

Nice to see a fairly good response and looking forward to many more entries before the closing time tonight.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My Entry for the contest with the colour pair - White and Brown.
    Caption: Supporting beautiful homes with White and Brown combination since invention.

Regards
    Rizwan

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest. Colour pair- Red and Green.
    Caption- 'Memories of yesteryears covered by and covered with Red and Green'.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Delete Attachment

My entry to the contest -
    Colour pair: Red and Green.
    Caption: "A cross with Red and a tick with Green, I am the exercise book sandwiched within".

[Invalid caption]

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest.
    Caption: The blooming flowers drive away the gloom.

[Invalid entry]

" Be Good and Do Good "

Delete Attachment

My entry to the contest-
    The Colour pair is "Brown and White".
    My caption is- "Take a break and have a sip, just mix it, no need to dip".

[Invalid caption]

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest is given below.
    Colour choosen: Red & Green
    My caption : Though we are different in Colour from outside , we are the same from inside like humans.

[Invalid caption]

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Delete Attachment

Here is my entry for the Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1. (Brown&White) : Brown and white together is the sources of all of our living with beautiful Nature. PLEASE TREATED THIS AS CANCEL AS NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD IMAGE.
    Believe in the existence of God the super power.

This photo is captured by me few days ago during snowfall in shimla. This is my entry for the Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1. (Brown&White)

My caption : Nature's blend of brown and white creates view more delight.

[Invalid entry]

Regards
    Kamal

Delete Attachment

Here is my final entry for the Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1. (Brown&White) :
    Brown and white together is the sources of all of our living with beautiful Nature.Let us save them for future growth.

[Invalid entry]

Believe in the existence of God the super power.

Delete Attachment

Thank you for the superb response. Not only were there a good number of entries, but good photos as well. We were especially delighted to see entries from members who otherwise do not participate in our creative contests.

Points and cc from minimum 8 to maximum 12 have been allotted by the jury panel as follows-
    1. Every valid photo gets 8 points, even if the caption is invalid.
    2. Zero points given for invalid photos and if the photo itself is not valid, then we cannot consider the caption to be valid and hence no cc were given for such entries.
    3. No cc was allotted if the caption had no relevance to the photo and did not really make sense in that way.

Note: Although 10 was announced as the maximum points, due to the innovativeness brought out in many photos, this was increased to 12.

We are looking forward to the 20 participants submitting entries for the next two parts of the series as well. Those who did not participate in this one can also submit entries for the next two and will get points and cc, but will not be considered for the bumper prizes. it is hoped that participants read the rules carefully!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.