Colour Pairs' Tri-Series Contest - 1: snap it, caption itCreative writing is known as a narrative craft and many of you have been enthusiastically participating in our various creative writing contests. Now comes a three-part one, each with a different type of creativity to showcase, but all centred on one theme: Colour Pairs. That is, in each, you will be given one or more pairs of colours based on which you have to submit an entry. Make sure that you read all the instructions and rules very carefully otherwise you will miss out on the rewards! In each of the contests, there will be a range of points and cash credits, but no main prizes. Instead, the points you acquire for each one will be tallied at the end of the three contests, and bumper prizes of Rs.100/-, Rs. 75/- will be awarded to the top two winners (in case of a tie, same prize for each) and more prizes may be given if we get a good response. To avail of the bumper prizes, you must participate in all the three Colour Pairs' contests.
Colour Pairs – 1: In this contest, you have to upload a photo and give a caption for it. Each member can submit only one entry. You cannot change your entry; neither the photo, nor the caption, but are permitted to change spelling/grammar/typo in the caption.
The photo: It should be of anything with either of these colour pairs (not both) -
Red & Green
White & Brown
The caption: After uploading the photo, you have to give an appropriate caption for it.
Rules for the photo-
1. The photo should be a current one (not previously taken) of something where you are currently residing. It need not be your own home; it can be a relative's place, a rental accommodation, a campus hostel room, even a hotel room, etc wherever you are right now.
Note- If you have the date and time feature on your camera/smartphone, please use that to indicate it is a current photo. For those who do not have this feature on your gadgets, we will trust you are submitting a newly taken photo.
2. The photo should contain something of any one of the two colour pairs' options given above. It can be something that has both the colours in it or you can pair two related things that are each of one of the pair (see the example below).
3. Do not submit photos of clothes, medicines, people and pets, or of anything that is very personal and private.
4. The photo should be a self-taken one (not copied from any source), should be clear and must follow the image posting guidelines. Avoid too large photos and resize them appropriately.
Rules for the caption-
1. The caption should be in English only and of one to a maximum of two sentences.
2. The caption should mention the colour pair as a pair, not separately. For example, if you have chosen red & green, the caption should not have red in one sentence and green in another.
General instructions: Submit the photo and the caption in one response only. You do not need to explain what is in the photo. It should be such that the jury panel can realize for themselves what it is. Similarly, there is no need to explain the caption. The caption should be such that it brings out the essence of what is shown in the photo.
An example of how to submit your entry- Suppose you were given the pair 'black & white'. You can take a photo of an object that has both these colours in it, such as a pen which is partially black and partially white; or you can take a photo of a black pen in a white pen stand. Then, below it, put in the caption.
What we are looking for: A photo that depicts the colour pair in an unusual manner (the objects mentioned in the example above are the usual things) and a wonderful caption to go with it that creatively brings out what's in the photo.
The reward: Eight points are guaranteed to every participant for the photo. Cash credits ranging from 5 to maximum 10 will be given to the entry, based on the innovativeness of the photo and the quality of the caption in terms of relevance to the photo and uniqueness/creativity of the wording.
Closing date and time: 8th February 2021, midnight.