You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Cherry-picking is a quality of people

Cherry-picking is an amazing quality of most of the people, especially, of politicians. They are an artist and highly professional in cherry-picking. They keep in listening to what is uttered by their opponents and keep on picking up some debatable points when it comes to their turn, they throw these points back on them. The interesting thing is if some of them do not find any clue of cherry-picking they opt for going off on a tangent and raise their out loud shouting at opponents and their followers go in the mode of ecstasy and prostate their hearts to them.
    And I stare at this rubbish like an imbecile who has no way to escape because I have Hobson's choice- either be with them or with their opponents. Where are we standing? What is our stand about what, about whom? This is why I ask myself- where is my personal choice? Do I have no volition of deciding what I want to go for? Am I not in a dilemma? Perhaps yes, perhaps no!

And what about you?
    Cherry-picking is not applicable to politicians who always try to find faults from the words uttered by opposition leaders. Cherry-picking is a positive trait to get the best for appreciation, not for discussion or arguments or insult or degrade.
    No life without Sun

What I understand that cherry picking is the good behavior of a person who identifies the like minded people and takes them into their stride and politicians are the poachers who are the opportunists and wait for others to jump into their band wagon. While cherry picking is the good trait and the poaching is the bad behavior and that is not tolerated in political parties and yet they indulge.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@SuN:
    No.
    Just have a look at what Wikipedia said about cherry-picking.
    "Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data that may contradict that position. Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate"

• Sign In to post your comments