You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Elections

Season of elections 2021

Elections are coming in several states and it's a crucial time for all political parties which are going to contest elections. Parties allure voters by taking out attractive packages from their bags.They raise different issues in different parts of the country. Before elections, these voters become honourable people for these leaders and after elections, these leaders disappear and go in silent mode. People are also so much insensitive that they don't realise who is deceiving them. Emotional issues are raised on every stage and people are easily carried away. I think these leaders are 'an artist' who knows how to stupify people. They mesmerise us and we are hypnotised.
    I see the youth of the day is looking for a job but they find it very hard to get it to come true. The price hike is up but no voice is heard about the price hike. We have become like a robot. We do as we are instructed. Many of us do not realise that these leaders play with us. We follow political parties without using our reasoning power, sometimes, even brain. We are sequacious to their speeches and words. We seek infallibility in them. Are we not big nutcase? Perhaps - You ain't. BUT I am.
    As a voter the author and me are very much concerned about the political leaders and political parties taking us for a ride with before election one behavior and after election a different behavior. This has been happening ever since the elections were held in India either for local polls, MLA or MP elections. Every time huge promises are made and they try to fool us with manifesto promise even but that would be a distant dream to implement and achieve as they know that they made a absurd promise which cannot be achieved and coolly blame it on opposition not allowing to implement the manifesto. The election commission should be the main decider in this regard. They must ask the parties contesting elections as to how far they achieved the promises and why they failed to to achieve. Such accountability would make the parties nerves in elections.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think now the time has changed and politics is being changed day by day as social media makes everything transparent. Today people are now becoming familiar with all the latest updates around the street, city, state, country, and the entire world. The world has become small due to technology. People easily get the true face of a person or political leaders from the information they are getting from the interactions and messages across the social media platform. Thus, I think today 20 to 30 % voters get influenced by the so called political leaders by giving false or impossible promises. This % will reduce day by day as the people will be aware and become literate on political scenario.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

It seems surprising that every time before the election, we all voters understand this double-faced of leaders very well, but still, we cannot do anything except discuss. I am not saying that we are all helpless citizens, but the truth is that we know that we are not able to demand our rights with authority. If we do not vote during elections, we will not be called a good citizen, but on the other hand, when we do not have a good representative to choose, we feel helpless. In our country, the value of voters has been only till the time to vote. In India, the NOTA system is also limited to only one negative reaction of voters, it does not affect the victory of representatives. Even though social media and the increasing enthusiasm among the youth, it seems that politics will probably change now, but this is not possible until the leaders who indulge in corruption are replaced by young and honest leaders.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

We surely want people like TN Seshan who was firm with reforms in those days and new commissioners thereafter are not strict nor saying anything on the matters.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are different types of voters and they are affected by the leaders accordingly. The first category is those who have some connection with a party either they are working for it or hope that they will get some job if the party comes in power. Second category is of intelligent and knowledgeable people in the society who compare the candidates as per the party or as per as the individual characteristics and cast their votes accordingly. The third category is that of the gullible and blind people whom one can impress or influence easily either by giving some gift or giving an impressive speech. Our leaders are in search of this third category which can make them a successful political leader and make their career in active politics. So during the season of elections these people will be the most sought after.
    Knowledge is power.

In Elections the politicians will always try to attract people and see that they will get the majority votes. They never leave any stone unturned to attract the voters. Finally, their chances of winning will depend on the voter only. In India, many people don't understand the value of their vote. For them, election season is a festival season. They receive gifts and money from the contesting candidates and also good money for attending their meetings etc. They try to make as much money as possible. At the end of the day, they vote for the candidate whom they like.
    drrao
    always confident

For one's career one does best of efforts and it is obvious that the politicians will also do best of their efforts for achieving their objectives. So, it is very imperative that they will use all sort of techniques and methods to woo the gullible voters.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments