You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Query regarding article improvement

Dear editor,
    The article that I submitted was rejected by you, which is fine considering the low experience that I have in writing.
    I wanted to ask you if the article can be improved to be able to get posted again, or rather it would be fine to discard it completely?
    article- Improper Safety Measures in Schools can Cost you Dearly!
    I appreciate your response and I thank you for your time in reviewing my writing.
    If there is something that can be changed in the article to make it eligible, I will happily follow.

I had shared this article with my friends on social media as it was active for some time before it got rejected today.

I would be really grateful to you if you can share with me some improvement tips on writing.

Thank you!!
    Eeshan
    I do agree that the new members are tempted to write articles and wish to share for this site. No problem. But they have to get into experience first. And that can be had from the regular contributing in the forum section and ask experts section. These two would give you immense chance to prove the profess of writing and thought process. Once the niche of writing is created, then there is no look back. So do not make urgency to contribute in Article section as it needs lots of thinking and detailing the contents. What I said is the reality to which every member also agrees to it.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thank you very much for your advice, I look up to your remark and will follow your guidelines from now!

Eeshan, first of all I welcome you to this great community of content writers especially on educational matters in this niche platform known as ISC. If you have a knack for writing and you are ready for critical examination of your writings followed by your own improvement in the process, then you are at the right place. I would advise you a few things which might be useful for you in your creative journey in this portal.

First is please go through the approved articles published in this site and go through their qualities vis-a-vis their scores as mentioned at the top of their body. Do some homework to find out what is special there in some of those articles that have got exceptionally good scores. You will find many things which you may finally like to imbibe in your writing churning out acceptable articles of high quality. You must start writing in elaborate ways. Explain things in details though some of the readers might be already aware of that. You have to write from the perspective of a layman.

Second thing is content and length of an article. Partial contents do not attract readers so that is one important point. The standard length of articles is expected to be in the region 800 to 1500 words. Long articles can go to even 2000 words or more. Repetition of content is to be avoided.

Next point is the question as why a site would publish your article and give you some remuneration? The answer is very simple that when surfers, users, readers etc come to view that information then the site gets some little revenue through advertisements and a part of that comes to the contributor. It is obvious that if no one visits your articles or content then there is no earning and generally such articles are rejected in the beginning itself as editors can judge them as per their experience.

The difference between this site and others in the web is that here if the article is not very inferior in quality, editors will advise you for corrections and modifications also and you can then improve your article further and resubmit. Otherwise also you can rewrite it and submit as a fresh one. This is one uniqueness here that you would not find anywhere else. Do not get discouraged by teething troubles and continue writing. Have patience and work hard and you will soon reap the fruits. Meanwhile try to contribute in other sections also as per your liking. I hope you will continue your creative journey here and satisfy your passion for writing. All the best.

Knowledge is power.

Eeshan, in addition to what our senior members have suggested and more importantly, I suggest you, being a new member, to read and understand the points and also go through all the help topics, threads and articles to which a link has been provided in our Comprehensive guide for new members before becoming active here. As suggested by Mohan, it is always advisable for a beginner to start by contributing to the Forum section so that you get to know the basic requirements of this site. All the best!

Your article in question was rejected for posting copied content which is a serious violation of our rules and cannot be resubmitted.

'To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.'-Confucius

Thank you for your response!
    I would like to ask one last thing before I get back to writing the article again.
    How can I check whether what I have written is a copy or not? is Grammarly checker plagiarism a good way to do that?

Also, I tried some little web techniques of getting the article to rank google.
    The article ranked on the first position in many words from the title.
    Are these techniques good to be used in the articles?

My friend told me it ranked #1 on words "Improper Safety in school", "safety concern in school", etc.

Eashan, I think you would naturally get to know that you have copied a content wholly or partially when you are copying the same, even if it has been actually written by you but already published elsewhere. In case you are writing original content and want to check whether any similar sentences or portion of the content has been posted elsewhere, you can do so with the help of 'smallseotools'.

Before venturing to clarify more doubts, please check the link I have provided, be active in the forum section, read a few of the contents in our different sections and if, after that, you still have some doubts, you may raise a separate thread so that we would be able to clarify the same. Do not be in a hurry to post articles, give it some time.

'To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.'-Confucius

I don't think that use of a statement by the prime minister, and copying the exact same words from a news website for that particular statement should be referred to as copied.

I will make sure to use 'smallseotools' for optimizing my articles, these tools appear to be of great help to me in the future.
    Thank you,

Eeshan,
    We don't have a problem with providing quotes of the Prime Minister or anyone else. You can just put it in double quote marks and right after it, mention in parenthesis the source. The problem with your article is overall it did not follow any of the guidelines for submitting articles and had multiple promotional links as well which is strictly not allowed. When an article is deleted, the reason(s) are clearly mentioned at the top for the author to see.

A word of advice, summarizing for you what has been brought out in responses above - Unless and until you understand the workings of this site, thoroughly read the rules, policies and guidelines, and improve your writing skills through forum interactions, do not venture into submitting articles. Focus on quality, too, and forget about the ranking. Over 95% of articles submitted at ISC automatically get ranked on the first page of the search engine as soon as they are submitted.

Also, please do not mark any and every response as the best answer. Use features with due thought and care and not just for the heck of it.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Okay, understood.
    I will see to your guidelines and work upon my writing.
    I will try to engage in the forums for experience and see the submitted articles so that my next article becomes more accurate for your consideration.
    I will try my best again and again until one of my articles gets reviewed successfully. I intend to share my experience as a newbie on this discussion, when my article gets posted on ISC.

Thank you for your precious responses,

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.